#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,222 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 07:49 PM

ok guys I need help and advise.  I got a case 155 last summer and after some good advice on here decided not to make a puller out of it, so I put it back together the way it belongs.  Now I need to fix the exhaust and the carb setup.

What is good to use for a muffler, I want to have this around or the kids to ride around the yard so it needs to be quiet, the original is rusted out completely, I put a small tractor muffler on there today and played around with it but it is loud and close to where you are setting and the kids will probably get burned,  What should I use that will be quiet.  I can weld and modify anything just need a good idea as to what type of muffler to use.

I also need a new governor spring for the carb, anyone have one or know where I can get one?

#2 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 579 Thanks
  • 518 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 10:47 PM

Have you tried scouring the internet for a good used muffler? I have a Case GT but not that old so the dimensions of mine wouldn't help or you could remanufacture one. As for the governor spring download a K series manual from here and it should have your part # in it. You can probably get it at any place that sells or deals with kohler engines. Either that or throw your part # into the endless space of Google and see what you come up with. That seems to work with me and hard to find parts for old Briggs engines anyway. 

Hope this Helps.  :D  And as always   :wewantpics:

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,222 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 04:46 AM

I tried looking for a used muffler but had no luck, not much available for the 155. same for the spring I cannot even find a part # for it on the kohler web site.

#4 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,319 Thanks
  • 4,665 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 05:55 AM

Here's a stock one and would definitely  be a burn hazard..Make something like that and add in a shroud for the kids..  On a side note..  Kids and machinery can sometimes be bad news so supervise them until you are comfortable they will be safe and stay out from under the wheels..  JMO

Here's a picture of a stock ONE

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,222 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 12:16 PM

You wanted pics here you go, not bad for $125 at the auction.

Attached Thumbnails

• pedal tractor 006.JPG
  • pedal tractor 007.JPG

• GTpicker01 said thank you

#6 Goatboy OFFLINE  

Goatboy
  • Member No: 10605
  • 30 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 07:34 AM

Not bad at all! Looks like the mower deck is in the background too. See your missing Old Abe on the front though.

I would suggest trying to find an original replacement muffler. It's a big muffler which is why it's so quiet. Your tractor looks fairly original, why not keep it that way, its a classic.

I have been enjoying a 155 I purchased last fall now that the snow is finally gone. I paid twice what you did but still think I got a great deal. Mine came with a deck and a single stage snowcaster.  Mine has the original muffler and it's pretty quiet, also still has the Case eagle hood ornament (Old Abe). Seat is ripped.Heres a pic

Attached Thumbnails

• Case155.jpg

• GTpicker01 and petrj6 have said thanks

#7 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,222 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 08:40 PM

At the moment I am leaving it alone, there are few things to do but nothing major.  Izabelle is having a great time riding around on it,  I have been looking for a new muffler but they are going for $100+++  so it will have to wait awhile.  The mower deck is pretty rough, I am going to do something with it this summer see if maybe I can save it.

#8 tom tractor OFFLINE  

tom tractor
  • Member No: 51604
  • 182 Thanks
  • 194 posts

Posted April 22, 2014 - 05:59 AM

I used a Gravely muffler from Napa.  Not awesome but probably as good as it gets for 47$.

• petrj6 said thank you