Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Troy Bilt Horse Engine Mounting Bar Dimensions.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 05:07 PM

I need a favor from a fellow Horse owner. Could one of you measure the length of the round bars that the engine cradle slides up and down on and tell me how long they are? I recently purchased a very neglected Horse and between the rust and how badly I had to mangle them to get them out I can't tell how long the engine mounting bars are. I can still figure out the diameter so if I knew the length it would be simple enough to turn some up on the lathe. The thread in the top would be nice too but not really necessary seeing as I don't have a bumper for it anyway. Thanks in advance.

b7jcdi.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 06:12 PM

I have a horse apart right now. The bars are pitted but the correct length. We are about to stick a honda clone on it. You plan to make extra bars to sell?

#3 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 06:23 PM

I hadn't really considered it but I suppose I could. I warn you though my lathe skills are amateur at best. But then again it is a simple part. Are you needing some bars? 

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 07:58 PM

My bars are pitted mainly. Fresh ones would be nice to have but probably fine without. I have forgotten to measure them but will try to do so when i get home tonight. That way you can practice making yours this weekend lol. Then you will know if you are making any to sell or not lol.