#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 02:38 PM

things today. Started feeling better and I realized I had to go and pick up a Single Stage 38" snowblower for our Jacobsen 1200 Super chief. I have had a guy keeping it for me over the winter and I figured it was about time to get it before he started his spring scrapping and cleaning. Picked up a couple of other things while I was there also. All in all it was not a bad haul for $ 75.00.
DSCF7033.JPG DSCF7034.JPG DSCF7035.JPG Got this mainly for parts for the one we have now. Already see that the first part to change is the auger. It is a lot better shape than the one I have now.
DSCF7032.JPG Got this because it was nearly buried in the mud. Can always use another for one of the other Homelites.
DSCF7031.JPG This will be the new cart for my Hobart Handler 140 wire welder. I need to make a few mods to it, like adding a samll tool box to the front for wire spolls, tools,tips Etc.. Plus building a tank holder on the back by the handle for the Argon mix.
Another smal project. Thanks. Roger.
  • sacsr, MFDAC, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and 1 other said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 02:49 PM

That blower alone looks like a nice score for 75$. 

• hamman said thank you

#3 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 03:01 PM

Except for a little light rust the blower looks to be in fine shape,I would say you did very good for $75.A little work and that cart will be perfect for your mig welder.

• hamman said thank you

#4 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 03:18 PM

Nice haul. And a great price too.

• hamman said thank you

#5 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 06:35 PM

It's nice to bring some stuff home to tinker with, nice score!
  • hamman said thank you

#6 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,037 Thanks
  • 1,128 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 09:02 PM

things today. Started feeling better and I realized I had to go and pick up a Single Stage 38" snowblower for our Jacobsen 1200 Super chief. I have had a guy keeping it for me over the winter and I figured it was about time to get it before he started his spring scrapping and cleaning.  Picked up a couple of other things while I was there also. All in all it was not a bad haul for $ 75.00.

attachicon.gifDSCF7033.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF7034.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF7035.JPG Got this mainly for parts for the one we have now. Already see that the first part to change is the auger. It is a lot better shape than the one I have now.

attachicon.gifDSCF7032.JPG Got this because it was nearly buried in the mud. Can always use another for one of the other Homelites.

attachicon.gifDSCF7031.JPG This will be the new cart for my Hobart Handler 140 wire welder. I need to make a few mods to it, like adding a samll tool box to the front for wire spolls, tools,tips Etc.. Plus building a tank holder on the back by the handle for the Argon mix.

Another smal project.                                                                    Thanks.                                   Roger.

I'm not smart about all the brands or what anything is worth but 75 bucks no matter what sounds good! A guy at work gave me a craftsman snowblower and blade but it's still sitting on a pallet at work so don't even know what it is. It was going to scrap unless I wanted it. Weather just broke in the last couple of days.

Anyway, I like the idea of the pnuematic tire welding cart! I've been very happy with a cabinet type cart that I built years ago, but it can only be used on a hard surface. What you are going to build could easily be rolled across gravel, grass or whatever! The less that I have to pick up and carry the better!

DAC

• hamman said thank you