• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 10:27 AM

Getting them to my room is the hard part but once there their I've got a pretty big closet. :D

I haven't got to much with it yet! But I did put a battery on it and found out it has weak spark. And I cleaned the gas tank out.

Hope fully I can restore it this summer, but before I restore this one I Am going to restore one of my T70b.

Edited by panzersarebest, April 30, 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#32 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 30, 2014 - 07:24 PM

I got a big kick out of this one :rolling: . You must have one heck of a big closet.

When I was your age (back in the 60s) I used my closet to hide my magazines :D . Luckily, my mom never found them (or if she did, she never said anything) but that's for another thread in a different forum :thumbs: .

Sounds like that Kohler of yours might need another set of points or at least touch up the ones that are in there and re-gap them. A new condenser wouldn't hurt either but they're a pain to get to on the T-758 because it's mounted to the magneto, which is under the flywheel. In most cases, you can get away with just taking care of the points so try that first. Make sure your wiring connections are good too and not just tied together with a bunch of wire nuts.

There's a lot to learn but that's part of the fun. Sounds like you're off to a good start - at least better off than I was when I was your age. Maybe if I hadn't spent so much time with those magazines ................ :wave:

AL  

• panzersarebest said thank you

#33 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Havent done to much with it yet except clean the wire connections.

Attached Thumbnails

• unnamed.jpg

#34 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 08:47 PM

I pulled the head off and cleaned a bunch of crud off the head and piston. I eventually need to probally pull the fly wheel off and change the condenser and magneto.

• Savageman and Panzerguy have said thanks

#35 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 10:15 AM

This does look pretty solid.   You are a lucky guy ;)

#36 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted July 11, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Ok I am not sure whats wrong with this motor when I pull the spark plug and check for spark it looks like it has good spark but when I put it back in it wont fire. I poured a little fuel in the spark plug hole, so I know its got fuel.

#37 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 11, 2014 - 10:06 PM

Ok I am not sure whats wrong with this motor when I pull the spark plug and check for spark it looks like it has good spark but when I put it back in it wont fire. I poured a little fuel in the spark plug hole, so I know its got fuel.

I'm not trying to sound like a wise guy but how do you know there's no spark when you put the plug back in? I doubt that's really the case. Take the air cleaner off and try squirting some gas in the carb instead of dumping it in the spark plug hole. Before trying to start it, turn the brass fuel mixture screw on the top of the carb down until it stops and no more (don't force it). Back it out about 2 turns. Do the same for the idle mixture screw but back it out about 1-1/2 turns. This will give you a good starting point for the carb setting. Now try starting the engine. You should at least here it try to start. If not, you might have other issues.

#38 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • Member No: 10128
  • 169 Thanks
  • 406 posts

Posted July 11, 2014 - 10:39 PM

Could also be a weak spark. If it's showing spark outside the engine and not showing signs in then it would try closing the gap on the plug a bit. Just a test... if it helps it start then replace the coil.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Edited by BowDown, July 11, 2014 - 10:40 PM.