• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 05:58 AM

Here is the mount that came with it for the snow plow.

I have quite a few snow blade/plows and yours does not look like any of them. I do not see how a rod would support the weight or abuse that comes along with using it. Can you lay it out assembled as if it were on the tractor? It does not look original to me. I've never seen angled bracket supports on the back side like yours.

#17 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 08:19 AM

It was probally home made then.

#18 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hey little Buddy (for lack of a first name). Here are a few pics of plows I have. Pic #1 is a AC6A which came off my 1107. Pic # 2 is a SB-1 which came off a Penn 88 and which I adapted to my T75. It isn't wide enough to make it functional but it sure looks good on the front. And finally, Pic #3 is what I think you have and it came with my T75. I do not know of any plow that fits a Panzer that does not have the triangular bracket to attached it to the frame. So I think your plow is correct but your mounting arm is homemade. By the way, that is a deck next to the plow in Pic #3

Hope this helps.

Dave

IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG

Edited by Savageman, April 15, 2014 - 12:08 PM.

• panzersarebest said thank you

#19 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 06:27 PM

Dave;  One of those binders I showed you at Straw Hollow has a photo of 10AC4 plow with mount that has a T bracket at the end instead of the usual triangle you mentioned. The triangle was probably added later to Beef it up. The plow I have looks the same as the one in your top photo and came with a T-758. 

So now we've gone from Panzer rear ends to dozer blades. Like you - this kid is a trouble maker :wave:

• panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#20 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 06:38 PM

Are we going to open another can of worms? You gotta love this site.

Dave

#21 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 15, 2014 - 07:28 PM

Hmmmmm - I'm thinking about it. It's been just a little bit too quiet out there lately but that's something I can do on Misc Panzer Topics so we don't mess up this thread :smilewink:

• Savageman said thank you

#22 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hey little Buddy (for lack of a first name). Here are a few pics of plows I have. Pic #1 is a AC6A which came off my 1107. Pic # 2 is a SB-1 which came off a Penn 88 and which I adapted to my T75. It isn't wide enough to make it functional but it sure looks good on the front. And finally, Pic #3 is what I think you have and it came with my T75. I do not know of any plow that fits a Panzer that does not have the triangular bracket to attached it to the frame. So I think your plow is correct but your mounting arm is homemade. By the way, that is a deck next to the plow in Pic #3Hope this helps.Daveattachicon.gifIMG_0041.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0042.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0040.JPG

I wasn't aware the Penn 88's had an optional snow plow. I can't imagine it working all that well, but i guess it still beats a shovel!

#23 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 10:07 AM

Clint,  You are correct.  It really wasn't that functional in fact it doesn't even had skid plates so the bottoms would wear out fast.  The model number is SB-1.   I was lucky to find this one because it was never used.

Dave

Edited by Savageman, April 16, 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#24 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 08:11 PM

I would like to own one of those penn88's but I have never found one for sale.

A buddy of mines got one. I think he only got a deck with it though.

-Brady

Edited by panzersarebest, April 16, 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#25 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 16, 2014 - 09:43 PM

So I remembered seeing a Penn 88 in a sales brochure.  I just found it and they list the optional equipment as a snow plow, hubcabs, dump cart, and a triple gang of reel mowers.  The really interesting piece though, is a belly mount reel mower instead of the normal mower deck.  I bet those are virtually non-existant.

• Clint and Savageman have said thanks

#26 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 02:38 AM

So I remembered seeing a Penn 88 in a sales brochure.  I just found it and they list the optional equipment as a snow plow, hubcabs, dump cart, and a triple gang of reel mowers.  The really interesting piece though, is a belly mount reel mower instead of the normal mower deck.  I bet those are virtually non-existant.

Can you scan the brochure and share it?

#27 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 04:20 AM

Clint and Jim,  I used to have one of these but it was not in very good shape so I gave it to a friend for scrap.  He sold it to a another guy not far from here, for scrap price.  That new guy still has it and I do not think he is doing anything with it. 

Now, on another note if you go on Bill Janitors website www.panzertractors.com  then click on Panzer Stories on his home page you will see many pics and a story about Brian DeRiggi's Penn 88.  He lives in Irwin, PA and his email address is oldscutlassup72@aol.com maybe that one is for sale or maybe he can help you with a brochure.  Good Luck

Thanks for the first name, Brady.  Lets keep in touch.

Dave

• Clint and panzersarebest have said thanks

#28 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 08:58 AM

Clint and Jim,  I used to have one of these but it was not in very good shape so I gave it to a friend for scrap.  He sold it to a another guy not far from here, for scrap price.  That new guy still has it and I do not think he is doing anything with it. 
Now, on another note if you go on Bill Janitors website www.panzertractors.com  then click on Panzer Stories on his home page you will see many pics and a story about Brian DeRiggi's Penn 88.  He lives in Irwin, PA and his email address is oldscutlassup72@aol.com maybe that one is for sale or maybe he can help you with a brochure.  Good Luck

Thanks for the first name, Brady.  Lets keep in touch.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I read this a few years ago. It's always nice to hear a tractors life story. There isn't much information about the Penn 88's available. If anyone has questions, just let me know. One of mine runs GREAT. It mows easily. The other I haven't gotten fired up yet.

#29 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 10:30 AM

Can you scan the brochure and share it?

Yes and no.  PM sent with details.

• Clint said thank you

#30 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 29, 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hey Brady;  What's going on with Panzer Number Six? Did you get any more done to it?  I'd like to know how you manage to get all of these things into your bedroom without your mom noticing and how do you hide it once you get it in there? I would think she'd be starting to smell the gas, oil and grease by now :D . 

I'm about ready to start putting the T-758 motor back together. Just gotta pick up the piston rings, crank seals and a few gaskets. These little Kohlers go back together fairly easy since there isn't all that much to them. Just gotta be careful to put things back like they were before you took it apart. I just hope I don't wind up with a lot of extra parts  :wallbanging: . Gotta fix the generator end plates too. The mounting holes got worn out because of becoming loose and rattling around like it was attached to a vibrating paint mixer.

AL

Edited by Panzerguy, April 29, 2014 - 08:46 PM.