Ih Cub 125 And The Homemade Bush Hog

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ENafziger OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45112
  • 253 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 09:48 AM

I'm more of a Massey/Snapper guy, but I traded my way into an old IH Cub Cadet 125.  It had been sitting for awhile unused and neglected when I got it.

After a little tinkering around, I got it cleaned up and running pretty well!  I got a homemade rotary cutter/bush hog contraption that was made really well at one time, but needed a good bit of work.  I put a new fuel tank, batter, ignition switch, fuel lines, etc on it, and got the engine running again.  It has a 12 hp Briggs on it, and is a mean machine!!!  This little unit will chew up 2" diameter stuff and spit it out looking for more!

I've also been collecting some other parts to go with it.  I've got a 42" snow plow/grading blade, a Brinly single bottom plow, a cultivator, a seeder/aerator, and a really solid mowing deck.

WP_20140401_008 (1).jpg

I hate to get rid of this, but at the same time, I'm collecting more tractors than I have need of ( or at least more than I can keep out of the weather right now :) ).  What would be a fair price to ask for this with the implements?  Everything works very well, except the mechanical pto is sticking on.  It has all new belts, and tires are great.

Thanks!  Eric

Edited by ENafziger, April 09, 2014 - 09:50 AM.

• Alc, LTD, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,419 Thanks
  • 4,886 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 11:24 AM

Those are some nice pieces.

Can't help ya on the price, but I would love to have that bush hog and the moldboard.

• ENafziger and Gabriel have said thanks

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,661 Thanks
  • 39,035 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 11:45 AM

I like that bush hog! That's cool! Neat Cub & goodies for it!

• ENafziger and Gabriel have said thanks

#4 Cublover OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9512
  • 90 Thanks
  • 110 posts

Posted April 10, 2014 - 08:47 AM

The 125 is in my opinion one of the best Cub Cadets made. That bush hog is great. I would get rid of one of the other tractors and keep the 125, but then again I have yellow fever. As for what you can get for it, go on Craigslist in your area and see what they are going for.

• ENafziger said thank you