• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 26, 2010 - 09:56 PM

Dad used to say, stay in school, work hard, and keep your nose clean, or you'll end up changing tires. Well after all these years Dad was right, I am NOW a changing tires. It's 7.50 to take a tire off and put one back on at the tire shop, 10 tires equals 75.00, and I'm looking at changing at least 20-40 tires. I bought the tire changer for 59.00, new at harbor freight. I'll buy an extra bead/rim bar and replace the plywood base I put on it with steel plate soon

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1092..JPG

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted February 27, 2010 - 08:57 PM

It sure wont take long for that changer to pay for itself... probably many times over! I needed a new tire for my van, last year. Times are tough, so I got a nice tire at the scrap yard for 20 dollars. I thought I was getting by cheap, until I had to pay for the mounting/balancing. It cost me more than I payed for the tire!

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted February 27, 2010 - 09:01 PM

Mike, that's worth triple what you paid....well in physical terms anyway. We bought an old manual changer from service station auction years ago....that thing is GOLD to me!

#4 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:25 AM

I bought the mini tire changer for the front tires, works great. It worked great taking the tires off but I'm going to have to bolt it to the floor to put the big rear tires on.

#5 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 28, 2010 - 09:52 PM

I need some advice on front tires, or actually wheels. I need to know what would be the best way, easiest way to run 4.00x4.80-8's, can I run the same wheels, but narrower or should I put on wheel hubs with four bolt lugs