109 replies to this topic

#61 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 06:39 AM

Sometimes if used post holes are not used fast enough they close up   . Oh well  this time of year we get free rodent holes . Darn those rodents .

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#62 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 13, 2014 - 09:51 AM

Sometimes if used post holes are not used fast enough they close up   .  

That's where it's important to use spray on "Speed Starch" on them to bind them in their current size.   :smilewink:

• Sparky and KennyP have said thanks

#63 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 08:45 PM

Yes , but what about the unwanted rodent holes . Aw never mind .

#64 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 09:18 PM

I used to run the fat furry things called groundhogs thru the haybine . Or just pour flammable **** down the hole and light it .

#65 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted July 09, 2014 - 09:24 PM

A little ahead of schedule but what the heck . I wonder if the flag on the Moon is still flying ok ?  Was that hole properly backfilled etc  45 years ago ?

#66 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 11:04 PM

I've just stacked all my used post holes in the shed but wanted to inventory them from smallest to largest but can't find anything to measure them with.  Anybody have something they can loan me.  O yeah, I'd prefer it not be too heavy I have a bad back.  Hurt it stacking the used post holes.

#67 Nxt2doc OFFLINE  

Nxt2doc
  • Member No: 66603
  • 623 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 10:13 AM

I'm new here and I noticed all the interest in this topic. I think I have a wonderful opportunity to recycle and fill what appears to be a definite niche in the market. We have a fair bit of oil drilling in my are so I have purchased several dry oil well. I will be cutting them to specs and selling them as post holes. Should be able to custom cut them to near any length. Please keep in mind that even though the are very light, extreme lengths could be an issue with shipping.

• olcowhand, KennyP, UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#68 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 04:41 PM

We like to have a little fun now and then!

#69 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 05:48 PM

We have a fair bit of oil drilling in my area so I have purchased several dry oil wells. I will be cutting them to specs and selling them as post holes. Should be able to custom cut them to near any length. Please keep in mind that even though they are very light, extreme lengths could be an issue with shipping.

Hold up there, Mr. Opportunity. Any used holes formerly used in the production, transport, or realization of any petroleum production, be it refined or crude, will need to be fully inspected and certified clean by the Indiana Department of Enviromental Management. All transport of afore-mentioned holes, once deemed clean and safe (VOC<30 ppm, PCB<25 ppm, Pb<15 ppm) will fall under NHTSB designation 3938, and will be placarded as such. Manifests will be necessary, and a 14 day prior written request for transport (WROT) will be up to your local DOT.

All inspections, lab testing, remedial cleanup, (regardless of prior stewardship) and proper bribing of local, state, and federal inspectors will be the sole responsibility of the seller. (you) All lab testing will be done by:
Environmental Health Laboratories - South Bend, IN

Larry, Moe, and Curly will be your assigned field personnel:

image.jpg
  • olcowhand, DougT, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#70 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 06:20 PM

I'm new here and I noticed all the interest in this topic. I think I have a wonderful opportunity to recycle and fill what appears to be a definite niche in the market. We have a fair bit of oil drilling in my are so I have purchased several dry oil well. I will be cutting them to specs and selling them as post holes. Should be able to custom cut them to near any length. Please keep in mind that even though the are very light, extreme lengths could be an issue with shipping.

If I order a complete oil well is it guaranteed to produce oil?

#71 Nxt2doc OFFLINE  

Nxt2doc
  • Member No: 66603
  • 623 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 06:52 PM

Hold up there, Mr. Opportunity. Any used holes formerly used in the production, transport, or realization of any petroleum production, be it refined or crude, will need to be fully inspected and certified clean by the Indiana Department of Enviromental Management. All transport of afore-mentioned holes, once deemed clean and safe (VOC<30 ppm, PCB<25 ppm, Pb<15 ppm) will fall under NHTSB designation 3938, and will be placarded as such. Manifests will be necessary, and a 14 day prior written request for transport (WROT) will be up to your local DOT.

All inspections, lab testing, remedial cleanup, (regardless of prior stewardship) and proper bribing of local, state, and federal inspectors will be the sole responsibility of the seller. (you) All lab testing will be done by:
Environmental Health Laboratories - South Bend, IN

Larry, Moe, and Curly will be your assigned field personnel:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You done went and did it now.  :firejumper:  The price of post holes just went up.  :wave:

#72 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,637 Thanks
  • 7,672 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 07:13 PM

I have purchased several dry oil well. I will be cutting them to specs and selling them as post holes. Should be able to custom cut them to near any length. Please keep in mind that even though the are very light, extreme lengths could be an issue with shipping.

What is the method and cost of shipping?
Is there a guarantee these are completely empty?
Will you take returns?
I've had issues with Nigerians passing off gopher holes for the real thing.
  • Cat385B and superaben have said thanks

#73 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 08:44 PM

I got a Half load of sailboat motors coming up from Florida maybe you could get several on the back of that trailer.
  • wilberj and superaben have said thanks

#74 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,280 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 09:28 PM

I got a Half load of sailboat motors coming up from Florida maybe you could get several on the back of that trailer.

Will they fit in a post hole so we can combine shippng and save?

#75 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,312 Thanks
  • 936 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 09:41 PM

If anyone buys the oilwell holes and wants to put a caseing in it, I have a 500 ft spool of 6" pipe thread
  • KennyP said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale