#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 03:39 PM

name I am thinking of for a new tractor club here. We ( wife, son, a friend and I ) have been toying with starting a club here locally. The name would be Lewiston Antique Tractor Entusiats and Restores. We don't have property enough to hold it here but I just talked to the ACE hardware owner who said that the fields next to his store in town would be available. He doesn't own it but has the in with the owners. He offered his parkinglot for parking and said that the hotel across the street would let us use theirs for parking also. He also said he would sponsor all the trophies for the show. I would like to see the club grow where we have an anual show and someday find some property to call our own to hold the show.

This is just in the planning stage now and I am going to see if there is any interest in the community. We have a lot of people in the area who have all kinds of tractors that have showed in the past but stopped due to have to travel long distances to show.

Any of you guys been involved tha twould care to let me know of the pros and cons? I know about insurance security etc, I'm curious about the " pecking order tifts" that might take place.  What do you think?                        Thanks. Roger.

Edited by hamman, March 30, 2014 - 03:39 PM.

• IamSherwood, trowel and LilysDad have said thanks

#2 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,205 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 03:43 PM

One of the biggest shows in MI is not to far from you in Buckley...

Edited by wilberj, March 30, 2014 - 05:26 PM.

• hamman said thank you

#3 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 30, 2014 - 04:33 PM

I hope you can get all your ducks in a row so you can start your own club. I can't help you because I don't know what a club involves, but wish you all the luck getting yours started. That would be very nice for your area to have one and grow.  Good Luck  

• hamman said thank you

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 04:57 PM

Put the effort to help out or join one already in area. They have the start-up problems figured maybe and place? then you can be a member, maybe run for office and see what YOU can bring to one already started. Seems like not enough week-ends at right times now to get to all the shows I want to.  Too many to see, and only some worth the time to go to, you find that out after a few years of looking around.

• hamman said thank you

#5 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 06:19 PM

You might want to contact these people for some guideance.

http://edgeta.com/

• hamman said thank you

#6 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,241 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 06:57 PM

I've had a lot of problems with clubs in the past. Most are poorly ran. Be nice to start your own with a handful of people to start and make it what everyone wants.
  • hamman said thank you