#16 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hunting for Gt's, very much like fishing, IMO. Any day can be a fishing day but doesn't mean we'll automatically catch em'... :(  Like guys have

said; there's a lot of factors and different folks out there. Just breathe

• trowel and SamMC have said thanks

#17 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,742 Thanks
  • 7,514 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:28 AM

I had a lady on craigslist with a gravely post one price, I emailed her, she said yes thats the price. I said I'll be right over, knocked on door no one answers,I  go home, email her, she says o I forgot you were coming can't do it today, will do it sat.I say OK. I email her sat. She says come over, I go there, shes there but now price is doubled.  What? Yes thats how much it is today! I say good by.  Two weeks go by, she emails me, she says price is the same as first craigslist post, I say OK I'll be over in one hour. I show up, no one comes to door, I knock the hell out of that door, no answer. I go home mad as heck.  One week latter she emails me that she is mad at me because I didn't go throw with my end of the deal.  I email her back "go f--k youself lady"  She didn't email back. Go figure.

It was probably her ex husbands tractor. He escaped but the tractor didn't. 

SamMC download the manuals for tractors that you are interested in. For a first restoration project start small and cheap like a lawn mower or a rototiller. If you fix them up nice you will learn tricks and techniques to use on a bigger machine. If you sell them for a profit(besides the education and confidence) you'll have more money for the GTs. When my Ford is done, I'm starting off with a dozen lawn mowers that I picked up at the dump to raise funds this spring. Bolens are great tractors but parts can get pricey.

Remember we are all in this together. Good Luck, Rick

• trowel and SamMC have said thanks

#18 SamMC OFFLINE  

SamMC
  • Member No: 30776
  • 208 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 11:38 AM

Good news. Turns out that the seller didn't call me yesterday because they only allowed him one phone call. Something about a suspended license. On the way to see the tractor now. Seller is kind of desperate for money now.

• trowel and boyscout862 have said thanks

#19 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 30, 2014 - 12:13 PM

I've met lots of very honest and nice people over the years, some people will go over and above what they have to to help others out.  Hold stuff till you can see when, help you load up something heavy.  The ones that screw you over get under your skin.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#20 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,742 Thanks
  • 7,514 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 12:28 PM

Don't let them get under your skin! It will eat at you and waste your time. Take out your anger on something violent and usefull like splitting wood or pulling weeds. You'll feel better in a while and have something done. Remember: I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together. Good Luck, Rick 

• SamMC said thank you

#21 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 30, 2014 - 12:48 PM

Thats a good way to think, Thank You for that boyscout862. 

• boyscout862 and SamMC have said thanks

#22 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 10:49 AM

I can't understand some people.

I ran into this last summer. I found something I wanted to purchase off of CL, but they didn't include a phone number; I understand this as I would not put my phone number in a forsale ad either.

The same ad would show up every couple of days on an old rally mower. Mower was pretty much toast; no deck, broken hood, flat tires, motor looked and ran like new: $50. At the time, I needed this motor. Emailed this guy for weeks, no response, probably scrapped it. Idiot.

Now, I am in the same boat with a different item, probably same owner. Same ad 2 weeks in a row. Half a dozen emails sent.

Why don't they email or call me back? I am sure my email is going to their "junk box"

People, if you are trying to sell something and are getting no response, at least have the intelligence to look in your spam folder!

Rant over!

• SamMC said thank you