Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Yep....me Again, With A Question About The Db Hood....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Likesspace OFFLINE  

Likesspace
  • Member No: 54810
  • 190 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 03:04 PM

This might sound like an off the wall question but are the DB hoods supposed to be one piece or two?

The reason that I ask is because when I watch videos of people raising the hood on their tractor it seems that all of them unclip from the frame and raise up as one piece.

The hood that I have is in two pieces.

There is the lower part that hooks on to the two pipes under and in front of the engine and then there's the large top piece which houses the gas tank.

Are these two pieces supposed to be joined together and if so, how?

Were these two pieces originally tack welded together? I'm assuming that's the case since I can't see any bolt holes that would be used to join the two pieces together, (I also can't see where it's ever been tack welded either, though). 

It will be awhile before I get around to doing anything with the hood but this is something that I've been wondering about for the last few days.

On a lighter note I just finished putting my disc harrow back together which was a job that I can't say I really enjoyed. It was basically a nasty, greasy, mess of a job but now the gangs are rolling along as smooth as can be.

Only one side was bad so I'm saving the other gang for when it comes apart for paint. I just couldn't bring myself to tear the good side down since I hope to be using the disc in a week or so.