#16 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted January 17, 2011 - 05:48 PM

It's really ironic how lots of us here on Garden Tractor talk can get a run down beat up old GT and make it like new again.:laughingteeth:Now if only we could do that with ourselves.Wow would that be a accompliment.:rofl2: Larry

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted January 17, 2011 - 06:26 PM

It's really ironic how lots of us here on Garden Tractor talk can get a run down beat up old GT and make it like new again.:laughingteeth:Now if only we could do that with ourselves.Wow would that be a accompliment.:rofl2: Larry

We get our hardware tools at places like Harbor Freight, so maybe there's a "Harbor Medical" where we can get medical tools and to our own repairs to ourselves!:D
On second thought, I've done some of that before & I didn't really care for the results, which was..........PAIN! I tried pulling my own tooth once, as I figured it couldn't hurt worse than it already did.......WRONG! I had it so loose it was ready to come out. Gave it a pull, and when it stretched that nerve.......it felt like fire & brimstone shot out of every finger, toe, top of my head....everywhere!!!!!!! Working on my son's BB gun years ago, it went off without any touch of the trigger, putting the BB deep into my index finger, down into the bone. Too embarrassed & cheap to go to the doc, I let it heal up with it still embedded. Years later it started hurting every time I grabbed a wrench or anything solid. Felt like it was right there under the skin, but again....WRONG! I disinfected the area & cut through, then cut deeper & deeper. Liked to not have made it to the BB, but I did. Got it out & will NEVER do anything like that again!:rolleyes:
Ok, now that I shown how stupid I have been....what self doctoring stuff have some of you guys done?

#18 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted January 17, 2011 - 06:40 PM

We get our hardware tools at places like Harbor Freight, so maybe there's a "Harbor Medical" where we can get medical tools and to our own repairs to ourselves!:D
On second thought, I've done some of that before & I didn't really care for the results, which was..........PAIN! I tried pulling my own tooth once, as I figured it couldn't hurt worse than it already did.......WRONG! I had it so loose it was ready to come out. Gave it a pull, and when it stretched that nerve.......it felt like fire & brimstone shot out of every finger, toe, top of my head....everywhere!!!!!!! Working on my son's BB gun years ago, it went off without any touch of the trigger, putting the BB deep into my index finger, down into the bone. Too embarrassed & cheap to go to the doc, I let it heal up with it still embedded. Years later it started hurting every time I grabbed a wrench or anything solid. Felt like it was right there under the skin, but again....WRONG! I disinfected the area & cut through, then cut deeper & deeper. Liked to not have made it to the BB, but I did. Got it out & will NEVER do anything like that again!:rolleyes:
Ok, now that I shown how stupid I have been....what self doctoring stuff have some of you guys done?

When you mentioned pulling your tooth by yourself It reminded me of The Deadliest catch when Phil's son pulls his tooth out with pliers. Then phils famous saying was " your not a man till you pull a tooth with a pair of pliers"

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted January 17, 2011 - 06:48 PM

When you mentioned pulling your tooth by yourself It reminded me of The Deadliest catch when Phil's son pulls his tooth out with pliers. Then phils famous saying was " your not a man till you pull a tooth with a pair of pliers"

Then I was just half a hair away from becoming a true man! I knew I was soooo close to having it out, but I tell you....my legs buckled involuntarily when I stretched that nerve! I didn't hit the ground, but man was that an eye opener!!!!!!! It was a weekend & hated to bother my dentist, but had to anyway. He said he could have pulled it out with a pair of tweezers. I had it that close!

#20 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 17, 2011 - 09:27 PM

I don't have arthritis but since my bypass surgery I am on 5 meds, standard course for after heart surgery. So far it has been over a year and no side effects yet except for a couple of hot flashes from the niacine I am taking. Also taking a staten drug along with a blood pressure pill, water pill and a heart regulator pill and 2 low dose asprin daily. At my one year cardioligist check up he was pretty happy. My good cholesterol was up to 45 and my bad cholesterol was down to 48!

#21 M&M13 OFFLINE  

M&M13
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1368
  • 11 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted January 21, 2011 - 09:06 PM

I was in an accident back in the 80s broke & messed up three vertebra in my back along with other parts ! Was bed ridden for 3 mths but was supposed to stayed there longer but was loosing my mind ! went out for a walk with help from my wife, to see my cattle & other livestock ! Had no idea they were such a big part of my life till all that happened ( the livestock that is ) when we got back within 20 feet of the back door i sneezed & down on the ground i went like i just blacked out from the pain ! We laugh about it now ! Man it was a bad time though! they had me on so many pills i could take my morning dose & skip breakfast & lunch ! I guess the hardest part of the whole ordeal was besides pain & sleeplessness was accepting friends helping out with everything from farming to carpentry ! Man i got some good friends at the time it happened i had the whole back of the house tore off & in the middle of building another bay w/stalls for my horses & there i was not even allowed to ride in a vehicle except Dr. appts. Life sure is funny ! Don't get me wrong i still have good & bad days but things are a whole lot better than they were then & theres alot thats worse off than me so i may complain NO! i do complain when somebody will listen lol! But i am thankful !!

oops! sorry daniel
arthritis, oh yeah ! harbor medical, i wish lol!