FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 06:59 PM

Sweet Tangerine Dream Pepper Seeds and Plants, Vegetable Gardening at Burpee.com

I just pulled the trigger on these! Those A-frame trellis's I posted the link and pdf for a little ago will have a total space of 5' of garden left over. I was also recently given three freaking huge planting buckets. (They are about 2' tall and 3' across!) Well, these buckets (two of them) will fit right at the end's of my tomato rows. (I plan to build 4 of those a-frames and place 6 plants along each 10' a-frame) Anyway, these little beauties will grown in one pot, and the lettuce mix below in another. I think the mixed lettuce might be enough in the one bucket, we shall see.
The last bucket will be placed in the garden (maybe as a center in the row's of beans, kinda like an English garden) and this one will be filled with herbs. I am planning 10' x 4' rows of bush beans, and they will be in 5 beds from side to side, and two sets of rows.

Looseleaf Blend Lettuce Seeds and Plants, Vegetable Gardening at Burpee.com

I am thinking that this may be the best garden to date, the layout, colors, and design should be stunning! On the far right, I plan to put in my butternut squash and maybe some more stuff. 15' x 15' for the butternut will leave me 15'x10' left over. And it is filled again! I am amazed how fast a 25' x 50' garden can fill up! :wallbanging:

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 07:34 PM

I know it's a long way off but I heard if move the peppers inside before the frost kills them they will keep a little longer on the plant.

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 16, 2011 - 07:12 PM

I have to keep that in mind, it would be heavy... but it could be done!

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 16, 2011 - 07:47 PM

I used that lettuce last year and it was fantastic. Good luck.