Wheel horse or old cub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,484 Thanks
  • 3,377 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 08:58 AM

If possible probably best to have dedicated loader for loader work, not use for mowing, Maybe keep current tractor for mowing?
Better ground clearance w/o mower, save wear&tear, mowing hard on engine.   Look for  GT w/foot pedal hydro for ease operation, stout front end, loader is hard on spindles&steering and steel frame not sheet metal.  I'd bolt a weight box on back not worry about rear hitch just use the loader as a loader just my 02

The only part I disagree with, or at least do differently, is keep a scraper blade on the rear, the two together are extremely useful. And the weight of the blade along with the leverage of the blade being out behind the tractor will work as well as a weight box, or at least mine does.

• SamMC and Oldford have said thanks

#18 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted March 29, 2014 - 09:42 AM

Massey Ferguson 1450 or 1655 are good tractors that have the foot control. I would like to see pictures of your loader when you can get them.

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

I agree with what you said but not thrilled with the factory mower but that's just my opinion.  Otherwise MF/Snapper 1450 through 1855 are great tractors.  Oh yea and....... :welcometogttalk:  :welcometogttalk:

Edited by gtcsreg, March 29, 2014 - 09:44 AM.