#16 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 10:02 AM

Never seen one for a GT but i could imagen one converted to 3 point.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#17 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 10:23 AM

Most of the rear pto pieces posted in reply have no connection to what I feel is the OP's true point of what is available to HIS Massey shaft rear pto.  Many of what have been posted could however be adapted to use with shaft pto.

• Bolens 1000, trowel, gtcsreg and 1 other said thanks

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 10:25 AM

Your right, figured throwing out some ideas could help, don't know MF that well.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#19 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 10:39 AM

Your right, figured throwing out some ideas could help, don't know MF that well.

Not meaning to point to anyone....just wanting to point that out.  I'm sure the OP appreciates all replies just as I do.  :thumbs:

• trowel and gtcsreg have said thanks

#20 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 10:44 AM

I know, no probs.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#21 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 01:22 PM

Not meaning to point to anyone....just wanting to point that out.  I'm sure the OP appreciates all replies just as I do.  :thumbs:

Yes, trying to determine whether to swap the 3 point over to the restored tractor and not worry about the locked up PTO.  If I swap the 3 point over then I would just use the unrestored one for little projects around the house and maybe never pretty it up.  OR, the more expensive and time consuming effort to restore the "new to me" one.  It's a hard decision to make. 

Reg

Edited by gtcsreg, March 26, 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#22 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 04:58 PM

Yes, trying to determine whether to swap the 3 point over to the restored tractor and not worry about the locked up PTO

Reg

I am kinda in the same boat. I have 3 Gts that have rear PTOs, only one working rear PTO. So far I have not hade the chance tobuy any attachment that will run off of one. There have been maybe 3 tillers inthe past few years on CL that I could have used but  they were too expensive for me. Other than that, I have not seen anything for sale that I could use the rear PTO for.

Now I do have some future plans on trying to make or adapt some stuff for use on them. Untill I have time to work on those projects I will not worry about the rear PTOs. SO swap over the 3PTH and dont worry about the PTO.

• trowel and gtcsreg have said thanks

#23 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 05:15 PM

IMO you can do more with attachments with the three point if built right or the right set up found.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#24 BowlBuilder OFFLINE  

BowlBuilder

• Member No: 8169
  • 441 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 04:04 AM

I guess I'm guilty of posting something completely useless to the person who started this post.  Sorry about that.   Thank you for pointing that out, oldcowhand.  :thumbs:           

#25 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 30, 2014 - 04:37 AM

I know about finish mowers, bush hogs, and tillers.  Are there other attachments that use a rear PTO on GTs?

Most of the rear pto pieces posted in reply have no connection to what I feel is the OP's true point of what is available to HIS Massey shaft rear pto.  Many of what have been posted could however be adapted to use with shaft pto.

Where in the OP's post was His Massey said?   "Are there other attachments that use a rear PTO on GTs?" Does GT stand for Massey? Just saying....   I'm sorry I don't know all the meanings of PTO,GT,LT,rear shaft PTO, ect... I'll think very hard before I add my thoughts on anything. Maybe I should check with someone first to see if it's OK to add to any post that I didn't start? Now who would that be????  Or should I just read the posts and not add to them?

Edited by Fluid, March 30, 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#26 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 07:58 AM

Where in the OP's post was His Massey said?   "Are there other attachments that use a rear PTO on GTs?" Does GT stand for Massey? Just saying....   I'm sorry I don't know all the meanings of PTO,GT,LT,rear shaft PTO, ect... I'll think very hard before I add my thoughts on anything. Maybe I should check with someone first to see if it's OK to add to any post that I didn't start? Now who would that be????  Or should I just read the posts and not add to them?

ALL of the posts were appreciated.  I've modified stuff before so all stuff was considered.  I should have said Massey/Snapper but this post is in that section.  In my opinion, all posts are good ones except mean ones!

Thanks to all,

Reg

#27 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:11 AM

It is very obvious you took me the wrong way.I was simply trying to point out he was likely interested in what was for his tractor's rear pto, which is a Massey, and his post in the Massey section, not the general garden tractor area.  Reg has had other posts about his tractor involving his inoperable rear pto.

And yes, many Massey models do use belt drive rear implements, but the belts are driven off front or mid pto's.  

I am sorry if I offended anyone, which is never my intent.  Being I have read his other posts, I was simply trying to help center the focus where I felt it was needed to help him the most.  I am not here to offend or jerk people's chains.  

• OldBuzzard, BowlBuilder and Juneau have said thanks

#28 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 11:09 AM

It is very obvious you took me the wrong way.I was simply trying to point out he was likely interested in what was for his tractor's rear pto, which is a Massey, and his post in the Massey section, not the general garden tractor area. ...

Was this originally in the Massy Forum?

Just wondering cause it's in the General Garden Tractor Forum now.

Maybe that's the cause of some confusion?

Edited by OldBuzzard, March 30, 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#29 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Was this originally in the Massy Forum?

Just wondering cause it's in the General Garden Tractor Forum now.

Maybe that's the cause of some confusion?

I sure thought it was in the MF forum. Maybe it was moved, but I'm not sure.  Oh well, may just be me confused.  :(

#30 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 01:09 PM

Dang Ol ... you're to young to be having "Senior Moments"

Now I on the other hand, have been known to have "Senior Days" :rolling: