1 reply to this topic

#1 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:15 AM

I have a power king 2414 that has a bad second transmission.  I found a replacement but its the first transmission. Will this work? Is it just gona be a bolt and go deal? I don't wana buy it and find out it doesn't work. Will the shaft lengths be the same? The only  difference I notice between the two is one has a bent shift lever and the other is straight up and down. Help please. Thank you. If it helps the transmission I found is a t92.

Edited by Bob IN, March 25, 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:35 AM

Yep they are mechanically the same inside. Forward bent shifter to clear the seat and be easy to reach. If you already have the twin trans, switching over the driveline shouldn't be a problem. You will need to remove the front bearing retainer from the trans. This is part that throw-out bearing rides on. The metal tube between tranny's  bolts up tight and takes place of that retainer. While apart is good time to check spline wear on all the couplers. The one between the two trans is hard to find and expensive. Ebay usually has some for sale. They are big splines for over front trans shaft and smaller for the drive shafts, all in one coupler. Watch for places that may have spacers in the driveline, they  keep the couplers from moving too far and falling off the shafts or stripping them out. These are all loose fit items. Just layout the pieces as you dismantle. You will need to remove front hood and dash metals and loosen and move engine forward to get this all apart, nothing drops out from below or above like on a car. Checking clutch and throw-out also good idea while apart. Put in a couple new drive belts into bellhousing before you slide back together. Tie one of them back in there with wire ties or such to have a spare when the other breaks or wears.

• Gtractor and Alc have said thanks