Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Been Busy Dragging Stuff In And Sending Some Out Too.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 01:16 AM

The last couple of weeks have been very tractor busy around here with lots of buying,selling,and trading going on. Several of these tractors were going to scrap if I did not drag them in as well as the parts lot in the last pictures. The new air compressor and the tiller were going to scrap too.The chainsaw I also took on trade it runs great. There are more engine blocks and parts that I have taken in,in the last couple of weeks that aren't shown. Can't save them all but we try....The short frame Wheel horse with no hood,the Raider 14,the Case 444 with hydraulic PTO and sleeve hitch,along with the 1054 Wheel Horse were all headed to scrap along with several engines that he brought me and a Wheel Horse snow plow and a Case snow blower. Then I did some trading with a couple of tractor buddies and got the C161 hydro with a tiller and 42 inch RD deck. I also picked up a 68-69 raider 12 that needs a little TLC. Next came a John Deere 140 H1 from another buddy who wanted the Case....And there are several more that I still need to get to.

Attached Thumbnails

• scrap yard wheel horse 14.jpg
  • scrap yard wheel horse 5.jpg
  • scrap yard case 444 4.jpg
  • 1054 wheel horse 4.jpg
  • wheel horse c161 auto with hydro lift..jpg 2.jpg
  • 68 Wheel Horse 6 speed.jpg
  • John Deere H1 140.jpg
  • scrap yard Kohler engine parts. 3.jpg
  • scrap yard Kohler engine parts..jpg
  • Scrap yard Wheel Horse snow plow and Case snow blower..jpg
  • wheel horse tiller.jpg
  • Wheel Horse C161 42 inch rear discharge deck..jpg
  • air compressor,tiller,chain saw..jpg
  • wheel horse parts lot with 520 2.jpg
  • wheel horse parts lot.jpg 1.jpg

Edited by rustyoldjunk, March 25, 2014 - 01:24 AM.

• Texas Deere and Horse, boyscout862, GlenPettit and 1 other said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:15 AM

That's quite an assortment of tractors and parts. It must be hard to keep track of it all.

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:40 AM

Yep! Bunch of Junk, just like my place. I've decided to get rid of most of mine this summer. Getting out of the tractor hobbie. No more junk coming my way, gonna be going OUT this summer. No one wants to buy it, I will be scrapping too. Just tired of it anymore, not fun like in past. Gettin' too old to wanna work on them anymore.

• rustyoldjunk, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#4 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,277 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:50 AM

Looks like you're doing your best to save them.
As for weeding out, we need to do that. I made a big step forward by unearthing a tractor that needed repaired 15 years ago and still does.

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:46 AM

Yep! Bunch of Junk, just like my place. I've decided to get rid of most of mine this summer. Getting out of the tractor hobbie. No more junk coming my way, gonna be going OUT this summer. No one wants to buy it, I will be scrapping too. Just tired of it anymore, not fun like in past. Gettin' too old to wanna work on them anymore.

I can understand you to a point, but a guy needs something to do or he dries up & blows away.  Do you have other interests to occupy your mind & time?

• rustyoldjunk and boyscout862 have said thanks

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,941 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 08:06 AM

I'm not getting out, but kind of in the same boat. Geting ready to move is showing me I need to downsize majorly.....why do I need 5 LT mowing machines and 8 GT's? They just seem to show up haha, but seriously, I need to get down the ones I really want and get rid of the rest. Bought the 2 speedexs last fall, I really have no interest other than my daughter wants me to paint one purple for her.

Edited by TAHOE, March 25, 2014 - 08:07 AM.

• rustyoldjunk and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 08:18 AM

That is quite the collection. What was the tractor in the second to last picture?

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 08:57 AM

I agree with downsizing but I plan to keep a small herd of my favorites to leave to my son. It was his enthusiasm that got me into this big time when he was 11. He still really likes them when they are running. Right now at 20, he wants a 68 Mustang. With time, he'll come back to GTs when he has to do all of the yard work. Good Luck, Rick
  • olcowhand, rustyoldjunk and propane1 have said thanks

#9 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 11:45 AM

gl,I bring most of this stuff in to resell or trade. I don't mess much with most of it. I just keep it in circulation or from being scrapped. LTD,the last tractor is a Wheel Horse 520.

• MH81 and LTD have said thanks

#10 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 04:32 PM

I was going to trade one for a 3 point finish mower for the Ferguson, but my son wouldn't let me. I figured one less tractor to look after. Oh well. Noel 

• boyscout862 said thank you