Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Allis Chalmer 410 Price Reduced - $200 (Indianola, Ia)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lyall OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,709 Thanks
  • 1,381 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 10:19 AM

I have a very solid 1973 Allis Chalmer 410 mower. Here is the good it has a very strong 10 hp Kohler motor that could pull a house down. It has a strong 4 speed Differential Shuttle Clutch Drive which has both forward and reverse. That in turns mean that transmission can go forward or reverse in any of the four gears unlike most where they have a seperate gear for reverse. It has a 42 inch 3 blade deck that WORKS GREAT. It has a decent seat which makes mowing fairly comfortable.All tires are in good shape and have plenty of tread. In the last few years it has had a new battery and fuel pump. Now for the stuff that could use some work. The big one is the fact that it smokes pretty bad when you first get it started. It burns oil but like i said before it has a strong motor we just always put a quart of oil in it every time we used it just to make sure. At the present time it DOES NOT RUN but would make an excellent work horse or rebuild or project. We were going to keep it and make it a project but have to many other projects that need to get done first. We used it alot before we parked it has been very good to us but it is not time for a new home. I hate to see it go cause it is a very well built machine unlike todays cheaply made mowers. If your looking for a mower that will not only mow but be able to do anything that is brought in front of you this is the one for you. If you are interested please reply to the email provided and i will get back to you. I am also flexible of the price please lets talk and work something out. CASH ONLY SALE!!!!!!!! Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you

• Alc and trowel have said thanks

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 10:27 AM

Like the bumper sticker on the hood.

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 10:36 AM

I never heard of a GT with a shuttle shift . Is that rare ?

Edited by Alc, March 24, 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 10:37 AM

Like the bumper sticker on the hood.

I was trying to figure out what that meant . It's been a long time since we watched Dallas!

• trowel said thank you