• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 07:47 PM

For the sake of curiousity, is the mag coil still available for this early HH100? I was looking at parts on stens and it sure looks like that coil is still made aftermarket for not too bad of $. It replaces Tecumseh part#30560A, 30546, thier online listing skips over the HH/OH engine parts. It funny though, all the same points, condensers, coils for most of those engines in one of the application charts. I wonder?

#17 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 10:12 AM

If anyone has it could they post a picture of the wiring page from an older Owners manual with a starter/generator. All the pic I have seen are later. I have a picture from the older parts booklet, but the Owners Manual should show the gauge and the color of the wire used, which the parts picture dosen't. It's funny how a Owners manual sometimes has better info than a repair manual.

#18 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 06:30 PM

If anyone has it could they post a picture of the wiring page from an older Owners manual with a starter/generator. All the pic I have seen are later. I have a picture from the older parts booklet, but the Owners Manual should show the gauge and the color of the wire used, which the parts picture dosen't. It's funny how a Owners manual sometimes has better info than a repair manual.

I've found the same thing no real diagram of the early S/G points setup, all I ever found was a pictorial but it doesn't tell you what wire goes where.
If you use this it works, I have 2 tractors wired this way and it works.
66 MF10 001.jpg

#19 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Doug, thats the way my tractor was wired, but they had the load/lights wire going from the load terminal on the reg. to the solenoid and no ground wire on the key switch. Of course it was not runnig when I got it. The load wire appers to be original as it is in the harness but the tractor didn't have lights so someone just hooked it to the solenoid maybe, who knows?