#1 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1538
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:15 PM

OK Guys. I'm rebuilding a Carter UT. Think it's early 1950's. I think I can make it work with some new gaskets but what is the jet I have the arrow going to? Well, I have 2 arrows, but one I was able to get out and clean. That arrow points to were it goes. The other I can't get out. I can get a small air brush cleaning brush down it, but I think it's still plugged. I put a couple drops of light oil in it and it is not getting pulled in. When I run a wire into it, the oil flows in because I'm breaking the air pocket. If it was open on the other end I would not have the air pocket, so does anyone know which hole air would come out of if I feed air into that jet? If I can get it unplugged, that old Clinton will purrrrrr.

Carter UT labeled.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• SANY0106.jpg
  • SANY0111.jpg

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,729 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 12:50 AM

The jet that you got out is the main nozzle. The other one is either the air bleed or the feed for the idle circuit. Spraying carb cleaner through the 2 holes in the airhorn should tell which feeds which. I'd think both should end up in the main well that is being fed through the hole in the bottom of the float bowl. I found this spec sheet but couldn't find a good picture on the web. I hope its readable. Here is the link where I found it. http://www.tocmp.com...es/p_ 7_jpg.htm

Attached Thumbnails

• carterut.jpg

Edited by DougT, January 15, 2011 - 12:54 AM.
added link

• Rickski said thank you