#16 mac102004 ONLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 225 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 08:21 AM

I have the two side pieces off my nose trim left, top and bottom are gone. Thats like, half? So in theory that's gotta be worth $50-75 on eBay! I might actually put them for sale, just for a joke.

#17 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 09:12 PM

Good point TUDOR! Thanks Luke

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2011 - 06:18 AM

I have the two side pieces off my nose trim left, top and bottom are gone. Thats like, half? So in theory that's gotta be worth $50-75 on eBay! I might actually put them for sale, just for a joke.

You never know, the way some of the stuff sells on there you might get what you are asking for it LOL :poke:

#19 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 12:41 PM

Honestly though... if you had the other parts, and knew how to weld plastic (Or even epoxy) You "could" have an item that someone wanted. I mean, if it could be bought cheap enough, and I had enough to use that as a patch... I would buy it to do just that kind of repair.

Remember, I took a trashed cowl that someone had lopped the side off to fit a bigger battery. I then cut out a patch from the top lip along with a better patch chunk from the bolt hole area. These were used to fix a repairable cowl from this "scrap" cowl...

#20 cadman68 OFFLINE  

cadman68

• Member No: 137
  • 3 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 02:36 PM

Not to sabotage this post but I'm currently in the process of making a repo fiberglass dash for the 1855 (1450 1650 1655) ....this is my second mold (first one had some defects) and i am going to produce the dash this weekend to see if any defects need attention. I have posted some pics on another site of the process so far. Since my old plastic dash was in rough shape i'm looking foward to a nice new more durable one.

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 02:39 PM

Not to sabotage this post but I'm currently in the process of making a repo fiberglass dash for the 1855 (1450 1650 1655) ....this is my second mold (first one had some defects) and i am going to produce the dash this weekend to see if any defects need attention. I have posted some pics on another site of the process so far. Since my old plastic dash was in rough shape i'm looking foward to a nice new more durable one.

Would love to see you post the process on this site :D

I would also be interested in buying one for my 1655. I had bought a used one that is in 100% better shape then the original one but it still has a couple of defects in it.

#22 cadman68 OFFLINE  

cadman68

• 3 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 02:45 PM

Nut I'll post some this evening when i get home, i suppose i should start another thread actually.

#23 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 02:46 PM

Nut I'll post some this evening when i get home, i suppose i should start another thread actually.

That would be awesome. A new thread would probably be best. We could probably even publish it to the main part of the site for an article if you would like once you were finished.

#24 cadman68 OFFLINE  

cadman68

• 3 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 03:00 PM

That would be cool even though i'm sure it would not be much of an article lol.....Actually found some pics i had on my phone.