FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 07:46 PM

Massey-Ferguson garden tractor nose piece - eBay (item 270689397022 end time Jan-14-11 08:06:17 PST)

$128.48 for a plastic OE hood trim... Oh, and it has been repaired with Gorilla Glue!

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 07:48 PM

Why?

:confuse:

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:05 PM

Unbelieveable! Notice he doesn't show the bottom side. Likely looks nasty. Larry, you NEED to get your repro's out there & keep them there!

#4 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:11 PM

Crazy, Eh?
Larry is a bit busy right now... He just got married and I think is still on his honey-moon. I think he might be putting up a lot more on e-bay if prices keep going like that!

#5 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:20 PM

It is always amazing what some parts or tractors bring, but it still depends on how much the bidder wants it or how big a wallet they have.

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 06:21 AM

Wow!

#7 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 07:18 AM

Holy Cow !! is that such a rare part ? It's not like you could just put it on, it still needs to be repaired painted anyway .

#8 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 02:21 PM

Well, they used to be rare... although you can now buy a "new" and un-damaged reproduction one for about half that cost. What shocked me was that the one on e-bay was bronek and repaired. (Poorly I would say if it was glued with gorilla glue and not hot welded with an ABS rod.)

#9 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 03:56 AM

For something that is so rare, there are a lot of original MF nose pieces on eBay lately.

Jan. 14 - Sold for $128.49

Jan. 16 - Sold for $121.09

Jan. 18 - Sold for $150.00

Jan.19 - Current bid $100.00 Massey Ferguson garden tractor nose piece No cracks - eBay (item 280616530167 end time Jan-21-11 19:32:18 PST)

Oh, to be rich!

#10 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • Member No: 35
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 02:59 PM

I had an eye on those same auctions, saw the results when I got back. I still have a full plate for a couple of weeks at least, hope to get some made and listed on ebay 1st part of February, not sure if the trick is to start bidding low or what. I'm happy to sell them at our normal price.......but if someone wants to pay more... Debating on posting with buy it now pricing and/or maybe red paint finish although end user will probably repaint anyway. My last 2 auctions went for the starting bid price of $65 which was lower than the direct price since I was assuming (hoping) the bid goes higher. I'm not sure if people are leary of a reproduction or whats going on, buyers that don't leave feedback don't help the general image either. For those that find us on this forum or are refered just send us an email or go to www.gtreproductions.us The site is up but I'd like to change it some, just not sure how. A big thanks to Mike for all his help. The site should improve as we add other items & features. I've been getting quit a few suggestions on other parts, just have to find the time to start dabbling with them.

Larry

Edited by GTReproductions, January 26, 2011 - 09:37 PM.
goofed on the website address

#11 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 06:06 PM

I think part of the reason you arent getting the good money is they arent painted. Go to TSC or the dealer and get a can of spray paint and wet that thing up

#12 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 06:36 PM

How about reproducing the plastic textured dash piece for the 85, 1200, 1650, 1655, and 1855 tractors........those are even more extinct then the nose pieces!! I'm surely not the only one on the planet with one thats rubbed through where the hood sits!!! LOL! Luke

#13 GTReproductions OFFLINE  

GTReproductions

• Contributor
  • Member No: 35
  • 3 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 09:33 PM

I'll add that to the potential parts list. Trick is getting ahold of a good part to use in the molding process. When I get ready to start developing other parts I'll put a post out to try and get a "loaner" or a spare that someone may have. Will hash out the $ for the loaner/spare when someone contacts me that has one available. Another key piece will be any info you guys have on weak areas or specific problems a part has so we can try to alter/improve its performance. Example is the steering column dash trim ring on the 8's - 16's , Lee says it tends to ride up on the column so when I get to that we're going to develope something into the part that will prevent it (if possible.) Nothing better than 1st hand field experience from the guys who use them.

Anyone who tried the .com address it's .us I just edited it in the earlier post. www.gtreproductions.us

Edited by GTReproductions, January 26, 2011 - 09:39 PM.
website correction

#14 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'd loan you mine in a heart beat if I knew you'd make me a new one just like the original but a touch thicker around the hood lip! LOL! Another dumb thing they(massey/snapper)did was to offer no support bracket to mount the choke cable to so through time the plastic will break around the choke cable/knob......would be nice to reinforce that particular area as well! Have seen a many of them with the choke hole busted out! Anyway.......just a few suggestions! Luke

#15 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted January 31, 2011 - 01:02 AM

Another area of the 1200/1855 dash that is weak is the mounting hole for the hour meter, probably the ammeter as well. Actually any hole in that dash could be stronger.