Last fall when I was loading up to head up to Daniel "olcowhand's" plowday, the 4041 decided it didn't want to turn over to start and get loaded on the trailer. So I put it back in the shed and it has set there til now and it's time to start mowing around the shop and warehouse, about 2 1/2 acres. I got it up to the shop and got the engine un-bolted so I could lift it up to check the starter out. The power wire from the solenoid to the key switch was shorting out and not letting the power get thru the switch and back to the starter. I also found the Voltage regulator just lying inside the frame at the base of the engine. I will finish repairing the wiring and mount the regulator on the frame and get it all bolted back up Monday when I get back to work.
Also found a number on the engine and I wonder what it is for, there is no ID tag on this engine.
There is a few pieces of the engine tin missing which I have rounded up and will put back on the engine before I drop it back in the frame. And also a couple of the muffler to exhaust manifold bolts that need to be replaced.
I also checked on the rear PTO and found that I have everything except the output shaft coming out of the back of the differential.