• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 mavtoy OFFLINE  

mavtoy
  • Member No: 37269
  • 72 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:12 AM

That is a great idea really would keep it nice under the seat that way  :thumbs:

• MYMF10 said thank you

#32 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 09:40 AM

Okay thanks is there somewhere to get that like would it be at tractor supply??

I'm not sure if Tractor Supply has it. From what I've found (don't quote me on this, because I'm not positive), these farm supply stores (Tractor Supply, Rural King, etc.) offer Massey gray, but I don't think it tells what kind. You would probably be best to go to your local MF dealer and get it, though it will be a bit higher in price. If your local farm supply store has different choices of MF gray, you could buy each kind and test on a piece of cardboard to see which kind is Silver Mist. Here's a place that has MF silver paint (probably Silver Mist): http://www.stevenstr...or-paint-3.html

Edited by Gabriel, March 25, 2014 - 09:41 AM.

• MYMF10 said thank you

#33 MYMF10 OFFLINE  

MYMF10

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5445
  • 161 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 02:34 PM

Your local Agco deal has the actual color.Not sure what color would be close.Not sure if your going to use your tool box under the seat or not but I've seen people use the spray in bed liner to coat the tool box.Won't scratch as easy as the paint.Just a suggestion you do what you want.

Okay thanks! I'll have to go and see what i can find but if i cant find it, ill just use MF gray. and yes i have heard of people doing that to the inside of there tool boxes so i think ill probably do that to mine. 

• Gabriel said thank you

#34 MYMF10 OFFLINE  

MYMF10

• GTt Junior
  • 161 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 02:40 PM

I'm not sure if Tractor Supply has it. From what I've found (don't quote me on this, because I'm not positive), these farm supply stores (Tractor Supply, Rural King, etc.) offer Massey gray, but I don't think it tells what kind. You would probably be best to go to your local MF dealer and get it, though it will be a bit higher in price. If your local farm supply store has different choices of MF gray, you could buy each kind and test on a piece of cardboard to see which kind is Silver Mist. Here's a place that has MF silver paint (probably Silver Mist): http://www.stevenstr...or-paint-3.html

Thanks for your help on all this! when i went and got my gallon of MF gray im pretty sure thats the only gray they had so Ill probably have to get it online.

• Gabriel said thank you

#35 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for your help on all this! when i went and got my gallon of MF gray im pretty sure thats the only gray they had so Ill probably have to get it online.

Your welcome! The place I gave you the link to seems to have good prices. I think they offer paint in larger amounts than just spray cans, too (in case you need larger quantities).

• MYMF10 said thank you

#36 MYMF10 OFFLINE  

MYMF10

• GTt Junior
  • 161 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 08:58 PM

So i got alittle more done to the Massey tonight but i didnt get no pictures but ill get some tomorrow. I got the back rims ready for primer and started on the transmission. I'm not sure how to get the hubs off i never really mess with the transmission so if anyone one could help me with this that would be great! I'm looking to start painting some of my parts this weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to get into the town and get that ready for primer and then some paint. But tomorrow i should get more done and hopefully i start with some paint my time is starting to run out for PA plow day and i really wanna get this thing do for it! Thanks

• Sawdust and Gabriel have said thanks

#37 MYMF10 OFFLINE  

MYMF10

• GTt Junior
  • 161 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:15 PM

I got some painting done today but it dont look it gray it looks more of dark green! :wallbanging:

• Gabriel said thank you

#38 MYMF10 OFFLINE  

MYMF10

• GTt Junior
  • 161 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted April 01, 2014 - 10:11 PM

Got more done!! started with the red paint!! My dad me out with the red and it turned out really good! :D im really happy with the way its turning out! it isn't the correct MF gray but i think im gonna like the darker gray better!

Attached Thumbnails

• massey.jpg
  • massey2.jpg
  • massey3.jpg
  • massey4.jpg
  • massey5.jpg

• ENafziger and Gabriel have said thanks

#39 ENafziger OFFLINE  

ENafziger
  • Member No: 45112
  • 254 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted April 02, 2014 - 09:16 AM

What color/brand of red did you end up using?

• MYMF10 said thank you

#40 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted April 02, 2014 - 09:17 AM

Looks good!

• MYMF10 said thank you

#41 MYMF10 OFFLINE  

MYMF10

• GTt Junior
  • 161 Thanks
  • 83 posts

Posted April 02, 2014 - 09:52 PM

What color/brand of red did you end up using?

MF red from tractor supply.

• Gabriel said thank you

#42 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted April 06, 2014 - 08:24 AM

Looking good.Keep it up and it'll be finished in no time.

• MYMF10 and Gabriel have said thanks