#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 03:32 PM

Thanks to Fluid we will soon have a complete set of headlights for the Simplicity 7014 I gave to my BIL.  I got this tractor from a friend of ours a few years ago. Our friend Paul had this since it was new. About 6 years ago the rear end locked up on it and it sat in his yard for a couple of years. One day he told me I could have it, and we loaded it up and brought it home. The mower deck was froze up and it hadn't run in a very long time. As I said the rear end was locked up. I found a video on youtube on how to use the "bent screwdriver" technique to free that up. It took a while and few choice words to free up the rearend but with a little patience and perserverance I got it freed up.  It was winter then and it got to cold for me to work on in the garage. It sat there all winter and then the next year. My BIL is  a mechanic and is good with small engines. He was looking for a GT when his broke down. I gave him this one and a few extras, like a tiller, rear lift kit and lift cable, and 42" Homelite trip blade. He got it running in no time and had the mowerdeck going also. The belt was rusted to the pulleys. All the quills turned well and were solid.  It took some time to install the tiller and blade bu they both work well. It has been missing a headlight since before we owned it. Fluid (Glenn) answered my post in wanted / for sale and said that he had a set of lights form a tractor we coud get from him.

As soon as we get them we will put the lights in and get a couple of pictures.

My BIL used it all last summer to mow, till and haul wood for his wood stove. It was the primary plow tractor for the winter at his place. After setting all that time it now starts and runs well. 

Our friend Paul passed away last year. He was glad that my BIL was using the tractor and happy it was still going.

Here are a few pictures of it now from last summer and this winter.

decal and tractors 028.JPG DSCF4173.JPG DSCF6994.JPG DSCF6999.JPG DSCF7001.JPG DSCF7002.JPG

Thanks Glenn.                                          Roger.

Edited by hamman, March 21, 2014 - 03:34 PM.

• trowel, Talntedmrgreen and farmer john have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 03:37 PM

That looks like a real hard working tractor. I haven't seen any Simplicity tractors here. They look very well made. 

• hamman, trowel and farmer john have said thanks

#3 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,102 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 03:53 PM

Lgt Fords, Jacobsen's and early 90's Massey Fergusons used those head lights. I got some for my Ford out of a Massey. Seem hard to find. Noel

• hamman and farmer john have said thanks

#4 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 04:44 PM

It's great to see another one resurrected and put back to use. I don't see myself buying a new garden tractor again in the future, since I'm having too much fun fixing up the old ones and putting them to use.
  • hamman, trowel and farmer john have said thanks

#5 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 06:35 PM

nice save, i wish i had friends like yours, mine just want me to fix theirs, maybe i should let them sit for a while too. ha ha ha

• hamman and trowel have said thanks

#6 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 09:30 PM

Great to see she will have both eyes soon, good tractors.

• hamman said thank you

#7 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 21, 2014 - 09:54 PM

It's great to see a good tractor back at work again. She looks like it can out work any new big box store tractor (and I use the word tractor loosely) out there. I see the 7014 has a tiller,blade,deck all the stuff to make for a good work horse.  Its nice to see friends help one another out when they can. I think the world needs more of that. Thanks for sharing a great story about a tractor and good friends Roger.   P.S.  Your friend Paul, I think is smiling down on us all.    Fluid...aka... (Glenn) 

• hamman said thank you

#8 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 10:54 PM

Yup I know he is.

We also have sleeve hitches for it and my Homelite we are in the process of building. I have a box blade, 1 bottom turning plow, york rake, and dethatcher. We are anxious for the snow to go and the ground to thaw so we can till his mom's large garden. We take both tractors there to till and we have a great time. Takes us about 2 1/2 hours to get it done.  We use them to mow our camping area in the forrest in the fall also. Thanks.                          Roger.

#9 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Received these from fluid yesterday. Waiting for the BIL to let me know when to come over to get them installed. Both lights are in great shape and bulbs work well. Cleaned the lenses and reflectors and will get them installed soon with more pics of the install and final assembly.        Thanks Glenn.                                                                             Roger.

DSCF7011.JPG DSCF7012.JPG DSCF7013.JPG DSCF7016.JPG

#10 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,264 Thanks
  • 1,767 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 02:29 PM

Looked like those headlights cleaned up great!