#16 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 10:16 AM

I wonder which F & M coil it takes, wonder if this the same as the F & M coil the Power Products used before Techumseh bought out.

LMG-20, Clinton 350's and the later B series used those, if i remember correctly just about all the Tec/Lauson engines used the LMB, LMG and others witch eventually Techumseh copied for their own hence the parts interchangability.

You got quite the gems there, with the even rarer rotary decks, lol, i am very jealous.

• earthgrinder said thank you

#17 earthgrinder ONLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 862 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 10:31 AM

The SLV engine brochure has the FM-WIA93A Fairbanks listed  in the parts section along with the Wico.

I am very fortunate and humbled to be entrusted with these rare pieces.  I never in my wildest collector dreams thought I would acquire something old, but brand new.  I will do my best to take good care of them and share whatever I can learn about them with others who are interested.

You really need to check that Lauson site.  The owner, Craig DeShong has a ton of info.  There are videos of his various engines along with narration of the history of Lauson.

• trowel said thank you

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 11:39 AM

I know Craig personally, he was thrilled to hear from me again, great guy and very knowledgeable, he refered me to the Stak today.

The reasons i ask is the manuals usually shows the early, as the years past the same models get different parts and revised copies of the original manuals shows the changes are hard to find so i ask owners of the later models to conferm.

I am also very intreaged in the little two-smokers by Lauson.

• earthgrinder said thank you