• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#106 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted December 11, 2015 - 08:49 PM

The Select-A-Speed Drive Kit was model #TA10 and was available for a suggested retail price of $99.50. It gave standard speed or 2 to1 speed reduction. You're real lucky that, that thing didn't wind up in the metal dumpster at the local land fill.That's what usually happens to things like that when people don't know what they go to and just want to get the garage cleaned out. 

I saw that a while back when I went to the dump to get rid of some stuff and saw two old garden tractors sitting on top of a full scrap metal dumpster! One was a Wheel Horse and the other was a John Deere (a 110 if I remember correctly) I didn't have any way to drag them out of there but at least they let me get the rear wheels off them. Lucky for me the tractors were laying on their backs, so the wheels were easy to get to. I used them to make one set of wide rims for my T-758 puller.

Make sure you replace the front bearing in the casting now or you'll be tearing it apart again later. It's a sealed bearing which is still available and not hard to find. I can't remember what the part number is but you'll find it stamped on the edges of the old bearing if you look closely so don't beat it up trying to get it out of there. You'll be tapping it out from the inside anyway. When I got mine all back together and mounted on the tractor, I filled it with 90w oil until it started to run back out the drain plug in the front of the casting below the shift lever..

The Select-A-Speed will make a nice addition to the Panzer and is a good attention-getter. Good luck with it.

• panzerboy said thank you

#107 panzerboy OFFLINE  

panzerboy
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 72541
  • 121 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 09:40 PM

Fixed the brinley hitch for the panzer T758es and I bought a nice ORIGNAL plow. Its a very nice setup for plowing a big garden and a nice show piece. Cant wait for the shows next year hoping to find another T758es with Pennsylvania panzer cast grill the same condition as ours. The Select-A-Speed will be going on our loader now I have to get the cast wheel weights for the loader. Big Al do you know if Theirs a show featuring panzers and also I'm dying to go back to Zagary farm museum again. Hopefully this winter I will make hitches for the panzers to hook brinley attachments.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5135.JPG
  • IMG_5136.JPG
  • IMG_5137.JPG

• Alc and Chris11 have said thanks

#108 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 10:51 PM

Yeah - the Select-A-Speed and wheel weight spacers will be a big improvement for that loader as far as usability goes.

I'm not aware of any shows that will be featuring Panzers in 2016 yet but that doesn't mean there won't be any. We won't be doing that at the Zagray show again any time soon. There was a pretty good turnout for it last year but I didn't see much interest for having another Panzer gathering this year. In fact, I only went to the May show for the full weekend. Went to the July show but only for Sunday. Not sure what I'll be doing as far as Zagray goes for the coming year yet.

• Chris11 said thank you

#109 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,628 Thanks
  • 948 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 08:24 PM

You will be going , Or ill have to drag you there. don't make me come out there. Lets start planning now Al

• panzerboy said thank you

#110 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 07:17 PM

You will be going , Or ill have to drag you there. don't make me come out there. Lets start planning now Al

LOL. At first, I didn't know what the heck you were talking about then I read through the post above. Sure - I'm planning to go to Zagray but not sure if I'll go to all three or not. Probably would have gone to all three this year but the weather turned crappy for the Oct show.

#111 panzerboy OFFLINE  

panzerboy
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 72541
  • 121 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 08:37 PM

i want to do more videos with you Al cause we got more stuff to play with and I want you to join in with the fun.

#112 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 08:53 PM

i want to do more videos with you Al cause we got more stuff to play with and I want you to join in with the fun.

I'm not sure how that would work out since we're at least 350 miles apart. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next tractor season. I usually don't commit to any tractor shows, pulls, etc. We make plans like anyone else does come vacation time but don't make commitments to any of this stuff. If the weather forcast looks pretty good, and I'm feeling good and everything falls into place, then I go as planned. If not, then don't hold your breathe waiting for me to show up. Most times, I don't even make up my mind until the day before we're supposed to go. That happened when we were planning on being at the LAGT Extravaganza in Dover PA. I cancelled that trip on the day we were supposed leave because I wasn't feeling good.

Whoops - it looks like I got carried away with the answer to your comment.