• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#76 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted June 29, 2014 - 12:03 PM

I found a part very similar to the original motor mount bushing/hardware. Best part i made them for about 4 bucks a piece. I am testing them on my t70 now. I just want to make sure it works before i post it
  • panzersarebest said thank you

#77 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 30, 2014 - 07:27 AM

Even though I don't have a model with the bushings, I'd be interested to hear what you found.  I have a generator that took a bushing like that and I ended up finding a good match on military surplus item.

#78 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 03, 2014 - 08:06 AM

To pick up where I left off on June 23rd, I got the motor installed and running in the freebie T-758 in time to get it to the Zagray show but it wasn't running right. I fooled with carb adjustments and even changed the carb. It was running better but still not right. It idles fine but if you give it too much throttle, it'll take off and over-rev and if you put a load on it, as in going up a steep hill, it won't keep up the pace. So this told me it was a governor problem. I went back and did the usual governor and throttle cable adjustments but it didn't do any good, which now tells me it's an internal gov problem. GREAT - just what I need! The tab on the gov cross shaft is still intact and the gov gear didn't fall out of place because I never removed the stop pin when I had the motor apart. So I'm thinking that maybe the weights or the center pin on the gov gear are stuck and won't come in contact with the tab on the cross shaft (this motor hadn't run for over a year before I got it and had some rust in it). I dredd the thought of having to pull the motor off the tractor and tearing it apart again to get at the gov gear so I'm going to leave it alone for now and hope it works itself free. I've only had the thing running for about 15 minutes since I put it all back together so I'm hoping this works. If not, then I'll pull it apart again this fall but for now, I'll just re-adjust the throttle cable so it can't over-rev.
I know - I should have checked out the gov gear when I had the motor apart but it looked fine so I just assumed it was ok. Live and learn.
Has anybody else run into this problem?

#79 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 08:56 PM

Got the 758 running a lot better today by by-passing the governor and attaching the throttle cable directly to the throttle lever on the carb. Of course this doesn't fix the governor problem but it at least makes the tractor usable until I can get around to tearing the motor down again. Going directly to the carb really smoothed out the erratic operation of the motor due to a faulty governor. Now the motor doesn't over-rev and I can manually adjust the throttle to compensate for different loads. Again - it's not optimal but will have to do for now.
I've also got to tighten up the steering. I made up new steering bars and installed new grommets and bushings on them but it still needs attention to the steering assembly behind the grill and the pilot hole for the steering wheel shaft needs to be re-drilled and bushed. Not big projects but with all of the shows and pulls going on right now, I'm stretched pretty thin.
  • panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#80 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 07:53 AM

Modern technology at it's best. T-75 Panzer owned by Hank Tanner of Warren, CT. Photo taken at Terryville Fair pull, Terryville, CT 8/23/IMG_9589.JPG IMG_9583.JPG IMG_9592.JPG 14.

Can't figure out how to get pics to rotate.

Edited by Panzerguy, August 25, 2014 - 08:17 AM.

• Savageman said thank you

#81 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:09 AM

IMG_9577.JPG IMG_9577.JPG Terryville Fair display. Terryville, CT 8/23/14.IMG_9562.JPG IMG_9568.JPG IMG_9580.JPG IMG_9572.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_9560.JPG

Edited by Panzerguy, August 25, 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#82 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 09:06 AM

Did I see a Pink Panzer in the background??

#83 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 11:13 AM

Did I see a Pink Panzer in the background??

Yeah. You see more of this sort of thing lately because of the breast cancer awareness drive. A good cause. :thumbs:

#84 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 02:47 PM

You bought the one Chris saw on Ebay, didn't you.  By the way, How did you do in the pulls?

Dave

#85 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:27 PM

You bought the one Chris saw on Ebay, didn't you.  By the way, How did you do in the pulls?

Dave

No, Wise Guy - I didn't buy the one on ebay :shoot2:

Actually, I did pretty good at the pull until the fourth time around. Got three full pulls then on the fourth attempt, I started moving the stone boat then came to a hault a few feet out. Not because of lack of power or traction but because of belt slippage. This is the first time this has happened while pulling. The tractor usually spins the tires or stalls. I've been using the same drive belt on the puller for at least five years so thought maybe that was the problem. Belt tension was more than adaquate. I checked it out yesterday and sure enough, the cloth covered surfaces that grip the pulleys were glazed, hard and smooth as glass. Put a new belt on (5L340) and rechecked belt tension. Should be ok now. Will see how it acts at the Goshen Fair on Monday. I don't know if I would have squeeked out another full pull or not if the belt didn't slip but that's ok - by the third or fourth time around, most people in the stands are probably sick of watching the same tractors go around and around anyway. If I can get two full pulls, I'm a happy camper so I was well ahead of the game by that time.

Big AL

#86 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 04:43 AM

What kind of weight are we talking about?  2000 lbs?   Are you using Kevlar belts?  They are superior for wear and sold at Tractor Suppy.  A little pricey but well worth it.

dave

#87 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 06:10 AM

What kind of weight are we talking about?  2000 lbs?   Are you using Kevlar belts?  They are superior for wear and sold at Tractor Suppy.  A little pricey but well worth it.

dave

I just get the regular Gates cloth covered belts from work. Doesn't cost me anything so...........
Besides - it's not like I'm using this thing to mow the lawn a couple times a week.
Depending on track conditions, I can sometimes drag over a ton on the boat. A couple yaers ago, we had 140 tractors show up at the Goshen pull. Was cool to see that many show up but it took forever to get through all the classes!
  • Savageman said thank you

#88 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 47309
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 01:23 PM

Does anyone have a panzer for sale in ct
  • Coventry Plumber said thank you

#89 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted October 02, 2014 - 06:36 AM

Decisions,Decisions..............IMG_9767.JPG Took this shot at the Connecticut Antique Machinery show in Kent, CT last weekend.

Also - talked to a guy who said he had a Panzer dump cart in very good condition. Said it still had the Pennsylvania sticker on it. No - it's not the same guy I talked to in PA a few weeks ago. I forgot this guy's name but I think he said he lived in NY, not to far from the show. He didn't mention anything about it being for sale and I didn't ask. He knew he had something special.

AL

#90 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted October 08, 2014 - 06:04 AM

IMG_9877.JPG IMG_9898.JPG IMG_9920.JPG IMG_9869.JPG Here's a few shots of the Harwinton Fair garden tractor pull in Harwinton, CT 10/5/14.  Yeah - I know - my tires got dirty!  Ugh!

Edited by Panzerguy, October 08, 2014 - 06:07 AM.

• BowDown and panzersarebest have said thanks