111 replies to this topic

#16 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 08:46 AM

I remember seeing that dump cart at Jim Haynes' place a few years ago. He said that he knew of some guy up in Maine (I think) that was taking measurements to start producing them. But that is all I know.

#17 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 08:47 AM

RE dump carts

Clint was going to pick one up in this thread but I'm not sure if it ever happened.

Also, there was a Meteor package for sale (in MD) on eBay last fall with a cart that I would swear somebody on here ended up with.  I sure can't find the thread though.

#18 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 09:49 AM

RE dump carts

Clint was going to pick one up in this thread but I'm not sure if it ever happened.

Also, there was a Meteor package for sale (in MD) on eBay last fall with a cart that I would swear somebody on here ended up with.  I sure can't find the thread though.

I never got it :( The guy never called me back.

#19 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 11:26 AM

I never got it :( The guy never called me back.

Ok Clint. Thanks for letting us know.

#20 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 11:32 AM

I remember seeing that dump cart at Jim Haynes' place a few years ago. He said that he knew of some guy up in Maine (I think) that was taking measurements to start producing them. But that is all I know.

Hmmm - I never heard that one. Chris said he could build one but needs dimensions. Maybe we should send him down to Jim's.
  • Savageman said thank you

#21 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 11:49 AM

If I can remember, I'll post the pic I took of the cart at Kinzers when I get to work Mon (I should write this stuff down). It looks like it's original equipment, but built a little differently. Still a good amount of weathered turquois paint left on it and it was displayed with two Panzers. That was two summers ago. I was going to get more pics of it last year but the guy didn't bring it with him.

Daryel Schaefer in MO said a friend of his had an original umbrella. I asked him to get some pics and measurements for me but nothing has come of it yet.

#22 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 06:42 PM

You guys come up with some drawings ill make a few. Just for the price of stock.

#23 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 08:13 PM

This isn't really a Panzer topic per se, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm planning to take my T-758es (pictured in the thumbnail) To the Olde Tyme Days show in Dover, PA this year, where VGTOA will also be holding their regional meet. Is there any truth to the rumor that Lebanon Levi will be there to sign tractor hoods?

#24 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 09:45 PM

This isn't really a Panzer topic per se, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm planning to take my T-758es (pictured in the thumbnail) To the Olde Tyme Days show in Dover, PA this year, where VGTOA will also be holding their regional meet. Is there any truth to the rumor that Lebanon Levi will be there to sign tractor hoods?

Hate to admit that I watch that show, but it's neat seeing local stuff on TV.  "Hey, I was just by that place last week"

Most of the news clips they show are the York Fox station.  They do have Levi doing celebrity appearances so you may not be too far off the mark. :smilewink:

#25 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 09:58 PM

I'd like to take a picture of Esther sitting on my Panzer but I've got a feeling the wife wouldn't be impressed. You know how women are. :mad2:  

#26 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Hey Savage Dave; I've been hearing a little talk on here about what grill was used during certain years. I was pretty certain that (other than the Copars) the grills started with just PANZER cast down the middle of the grill, like on the 70, 70B, 707es. I thought the change came with the 75, 758 and the first grill for those just had PENNSYLVANIA cast across the top of the grill with a PANZER decal down the center. The third version was the one that has PENNSYLVANIA PANZER cast into the grill - at least that's what I seem to remember reading. I'll have to go through my stuff and see if I can find that info. It's not a big deal but now it's just one of those things that's gonna bug me till I nail it down.
What's that got to do with Lebanon Levi signing tractor hoods at Dover? - Nothing. I just happened to think of this.

Big AL

#27 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,307 Thanks
  • 1,106 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 08:03 PM

http://www.panzertra...zerHistory.html

#28 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,509 Thanks
  • 3,387 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:05 AM

I'm surprised you don't see more Panzers in Maryland, since they were just about all made here or Virginia.

#29 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Misc. comment for the Misc Panzer Topics thread.

I just wanted to say, it's really good to see so much activity in this sub-forum lately.
  • panzersarebest said thank you

#30 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:50 PM

Misc. comment for the Misc Panzer Topics thread.

I just wanted to say, it's really good to see so much activity in this sub-forum lately.

You got that right. I just wish I was able to get on this site earlier. It's the first thing I do when I get to work - get the coffee going, set up the laptop and read through a few of the Panzer threads before I actually have to do something useful. Can't get enough :thumbs:   

Ok Jim - I give up. What the heck is a canawler and what's with the picture of a cat that got mashed by a collapsed TV dinner tray? :angel: