IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 05:19 PM

What kind of air filter do these tractors use? Mine didn't come with an air cleaner, I found one on ebay, but not sure what filter to buy.

Lets see what you bought off ebay. There are several different ones that will fit.

#32 ubernoob51 OFFLINE  

ubernoob51
  • Member No: 54687
  • 13 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 10:10 PM

So I was puttering around the yard today, with no problems. Then, at around 7:00 pm, I try to start the tractor up, nothing. Won't crank. Turns out the transmission interlock switch failed somehow, so I jumpered the wires together and now it starts. Will there be any harm done if it's started when the parking brake lever isn't in park?

#33 bigge61 OFFLINE  

bigge61

• Member No: 2914
  • 96 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted April 18, 2014 - 11:08 PM

Welcome to the family! I just picked up another tractor today snapper 1650. No harm to the tractor in bypassing safety switches, they are there for a reason but all of mine are bypassed! Like the big sign at work says "safety is no accident"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#34 adolphsson09 OFFLINE  

adolphsson09
  • Member No: 9844
  • 249 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for the pics! 

Question for those knowledgeable...this is the second tractor I've seen recently with Snapper/Massey crossover stickers.  For instance, the hood decals say "snapper", but the design of the decal is definitely Massey.  Across the back, again, the word says "snapper", but the sticker design extended past the rear tail lights in a rectangular fashion is far different from the traditional rounded snapper decal centered between the taillights.  Does anyone have any information on this?  Were a few of these released during transition years between the Snapper/Massey badging?  I'd really like to get a few sets of these decals if they were available!!!

--Eric

Notice the MF badge on the grill also????

• ENafziger said thank you

#35 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted April 19, 2014 - 11:39 AM

So I was puttering around the yard today, with no problems. Then, at around 7:00 pm, I try to start the tractor up, nothing. Won't crank. Turns out the transmission interlock switch failed somehow, so I jumpered the wires together and now it starts. Will there be any harm done if it's started when the parking brake lever isn't in park?

As long is you don't suffer from cranial rectal inversion there shouldn't be any problem.  The DragonFly (Craftsman GTV-18) no start safety. I found out while trying to start it while I was working on it and it was still in gear.