Garden Tractor Forums banner

Hello From Sacramento

3K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  UncleWillie 
#1 ·
Hello. A while ago, I bought a Snapper 1650 tractor, and I'm in the process of fixing it up. When I got it the wiring was a mess, I got it to start and run but I would like to fix up the wiring to be like original. Are there any free wiring diagrams I could use?

#5 ·
Welcome to GTTalk. The 1650 is a nice tractor. You should be able to find the info you need to get it sorted out.

#10 ·
Some pictures. It's not the prettiest tractor in the world, that's for sure.

I'm still in the process of buying new tires and some other parts, so bear with me.

Attachments

#16 ·
Welcome to GTT, Ubernoob.

Looks fairly decent. Not all smashed up, just weathered.

Great machine you found yourself there. You'll probably run into lots

of rusted bolts by the looks of things. Stock up on PB Blaster.

As for the lights, I'd guess someone changed the ignition switch.

Keep us posted.

:wave:

#18 ·
Thanks for the pics!

Question for those knowledgeable...this is the second tractor I've seen recently with Snapper/Massey crossover stickers. For instance, the hood decals say "snapper", but the design of the decal is definitely Massey. Across the back, again, the word says "snapper", but the sticker design extended past the rear tail lights in a rectangular fashion is far different from the traditional rounded snapper decal centered between the taillights. Does anyone have any information on this? Were a few of these released during transition years between the Snapper/Massey badging? I'd really like to get a few sets of these decals if they were available!!!

--Eric

#20 ·
#21 ·
#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I got the carb and fuel tank grommet in the mail, I put them on the Snapper, and after a bit of priming the fuel system, it fired up! I'm still tuning the carb, and I'm wondering how I can find a tach to set the idle and top speed for the engine; Once I get the tires I can get it moving again, the last time I had it running the carb float bowl was rusted through and I had a bit of a fuel leak :flamethrower: and the tires were cracked and leaking.

#25 ·
Well, I got the carb and fuel tank grommet in the mail, I put them on the Snapper, and after a bit of priming the fuel system, it fired up! I'm still tuning the carb, and I'm wondering how I can find a tach to set the idle and top speed for the engine; Once I get the tires I can get it moving again, the last time I had it running the carb float bowl was rusted through and I had a bit of a fuel leak :flamethrower: and the tires were cracked and leaking.
Good to hear you got it running again.

Get yourself one of these tachs. They work great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.