• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 07:28 AM

This is a Bantam 3000 garden tractor. It’s a nice solid machine. It has an unoriginal Briggs motor but is functional as is. Everything with regards to the transmission etc. is stock and intact. A previous owner used a centrifugal clutch to the trans drive pulley. It works but isn’t original. To make it "correct" you'd have to find the correct Briggs (9FB) and buy a reproduction 3000 clutch kit. Not really a big deal. To make it mint you'd have to do a little body work or just leave it alone. It has the original rear rims and tires, which are normally swapped away. It's been sitting for a year or two untouched and yes there's gas in it. It probably needs a carb cleaning. I just never winterized it. Dumb, I know! But I've driven it, so I know it all works. I have a brand new correct repro gas tank for it too. If you wanted to just keep it entirely as is and simply drive it around, it will need two things in my opinion: 1) carb cleaning 2) might need a new centrifugal clutch as I noticed the last time I drove it around that it didn’t always disengage properly. I looked on eBay a few months back and they're like $25-30. I will pallet the tractor and drop it off at a Fastenal location for shipping if desired. No additional charge. Specific arrangements are the buyer’s responsibility. I will gladly advise as I have used them many times. Asking $1250. Located in  Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Call, text or email:  (8six0=72/9/6-8zero+5) (grnlark @ gmail . c/o/m)

Attached Thumbnails

• b3000.jpg

• Chris11, Talntedmrgreen, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and 1 other said thanks

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 11:26 AM

It's just plain amazing, how you ALWAYS have something I would love to have.  I don't mean to kick tires...I certainly can't afford it, but some day I'm going to take a tractor off your hands. 

I need to start a grnlark fund. 

#3 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 11:58 AM

It's just plain amazing, how you ALWAYS have something I would love to have.  I don't mean to kick tires...I certainly can't afford it, but some day I'm going to take a tractor off your hands. 

I need to start a grnlark fund. 

Ha!
Well, I as you might assume, I have my sights on something else and now it's a scramble to free up some funds. Otherwise, I wouldn't be looking to part with it. Its a nice little machine.  

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 07:21 PM

I get that...in the process of doing the same thing.  Fun though!

#5 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 06:06 AM

Sale pending

#6 undertaker OFFLINE  

undertaker
  • Member No: 11394
  • 67 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted March 28, 2014 - 11:19 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOUR SALE FALLS THRU i AM INTERESTED.

#7 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 12:25 PM

Sold

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold