7 replies to this topic

#1 D... OFFLINE  

D...
  • Member No: 33566
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 05:31 AM

Looking for a Case compact loader/tractor -- model 648 or an Ingersoll 6018 
Have cash in hand and willing to pay a premium price for the right equipment.

Must have 3pt hitch and PTO.  Tiller/sleeve hitch adapter, weight box, and wheel weights are a bonus.

Willing to travel 

Let me know what you have please...
I started a complete front yard remodel on my elderly parents home last summer and very soon I'll be having to move 30-40 tons of material around the property.
Their health is deteriorating and I want to get this finished for them by early/mid summer, so they can enjoy it.

Even a lead would be helpful.
Thanks so much for your help.

Derek
Littleton, Colorado

• sacsr said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,753 Thanks
  • 7,523 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 07:44 AM

When in a hurry, a bigger machine may be faster on the work and cheaper to find. My 1973 Ford 2000 with FEL is great for yard and landscaping work. Its bucket will handle several times what the Case can. I hope all goes well for you. Good Luck, Rick

#3 D... OFFLINE  

D...
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 01:18 PM

When in a hurry, a bigger machine may be faster on the work and cheaper to find. My 1973 Ford 2000 with FEL is great for yard and landscaping work. Its bucket will handle several times what the Case can. I hope all goes well for you. Good Luck, Rick

Thank Rick... wish I had the room.  But on my folks property I need to access areas that even a Terramite might be too large to accomplish, so I'm limited to something of "garden tractor" size.  it will get the job done.

• boyscout862, superaben and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Not wanting to point you away from a tractor, considering that we all need excuses to buy, but have you considered renting one of those walk behind/stand on skidsteers you can get?

Ben W.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 D... OFFLINE  

D...
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Not wanting to point you away from a tractor, considering that we all need excuses to buy, but have you considered renting one of those walk behind/stand on skidsteers you can get?

Ben W.

Ben...

Here is the problem.  I'm caring for my elderly mother who suffers from dementia/alzheimer's.  When you combine that and my work at home schedule,  I never know when or how long I can step outside the home and work around the yard.  
If I rented for a week and the weather cooperated, I might be able to used the machine for just an hour a day or not at all for 3 weeks.  

If I have something small on site,  I can do some work whenever conditions allow.  

I think in the long run,  that's my best option.  Perhaps my only option.

I don't mind thinking of it as a long term rental and reselling it when the project is completed.  Probably for very close to what I paid.

• boyscout862 and superaben have said thanks

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 07:37 PM

I understand that situation.  Renting is not a good option.  You've probably got the better plan.  FWIW, I agree with you that a Terramite is not the creature you want.  Terramites are handy, but not very nimble, and you have no digging/break out power.  Been there, learned that in person. 

I wish I could point you in the general direction of a good tractor.  You might look into a good used SCUT, too, if you plan to resell.  They hold their value more than a garden tractor could. 

Ben W.

#7 D... OFFLINE  

D...
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 07:48 PM

I understand that situation.  Renting is not a good option.  You've probably got the better plan.  FWIW, I agree with you that a Terramite is not the creature you want.  Terramites are handy, but not very nimble, and you have no digging/break out power.  Been there, learned that in person. 

I wish I could point you in the general direction of a good tractor.  You might look into a good used SCUT, too, if you plan to resell.  They hold their value more than a garden tractor could. 

Ben W.

Sold on the Case 648/Ingersoll 6018 is the best option for me... just a matter of finding one now.

#8 D... OFFLINE  

D...
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 02:31 PM

Just an update...

Willing to pay as much as $6,000 for the right machine, without backhoe

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted