Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Lawn mower DUI

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Ever operate your lawn mower Drunk (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Ever operate your lawn mower Drunk

1. I would never do that (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Ive done it just havent been caught (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. All the time (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I drink a beer or two when i mow the lawn (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 13, 2011 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image
Like a George Jones song come to life, Boone County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a man for driving a lawnmower drunk. Seriously, he was so hard-up to get to where he had to go, he hopped on a lawnmower and started driving down Highway 17 in Madrid, Iowa. According to Boone County Sheriff Ron Fehr, it’s illegal to drive any vehicle while drunk, so the man was arrested on a DUI charge. When given a test, the mower-riding drunk had a blood alcohol level of 0.16, twice Iowa’s legal limit of 0.08.
Let’s count the various ways he went wrong, shall we? Number one, he was riding a lawnmower on the highway. Number two, he was over twice the legal limit when it comes to intoxication. Number three, he had no lights on. Number four, he was weaving all over the road. Number five, he lives in Iowa.

#2 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 06:58 PM

Check out this idiot

YouTube - Steves Riding Lawn Mower DUI Arrest Video # 1
YouTube - Steves Riding Lawn Mower DUI Taser Arrest Video 2 #2
YouTube - Steve the Lawn Mower Guy's Domestic Arrest Video 3 #3
YouTube - Steve the Lawn Mower Guy's Domestic Arrest Video 3 #4

#3 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 07:05 PM

Article published Tuesday, May 3, 2005
DESHLER, Ohio - A Deshler man who admitted he had too much to drink before he decided to drive home on a riding lawn mower was charged with drunk driving, authorities said.
Adam Reinbolt, 25, was arrested about 2 a.m. Sunday after the mower went into a ditch on State Rt. 18, just west of Hockenberry Road in Jackson Township, according to Wood County sheriff's reports.
Mr. Reinbolt said he was driving the mower from a friend's house to Deshler to mow lawns. When he saw a vehicle approaching from the east, he said he drove to the south side of the road to avoid the vehicle and went into the ditch.
He told the deputy he'd had "too much" beer to drink and subsequently failed field sobriety tests.
http://www.dui.com/d...55893609bc06Man Riding Lawnmower At 3 A.M. Gets DUI Charge
'Most Bizarre Call I've Ever Had,' Tow Truck Driver Says
POSTED: 9:09 am EDT June 9, 2005
DELHI TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- A man riding a lawnmower down the street at 3 a.m. has been charged with DUI, News 5 reported.
Joseph Mundy told police he got the munchies, so he started out toward the Delhi Kroger store. He was riding down Covedale Avenue in the dark when an officer stopped him.
"He didn't have headlights, of course, and the officer almost hit him, and he thought it was stolen," said Delhi Township Cpl. Joe Macaluso. "But he ruled that out real quickly and he realized the munchies got the best of him."
The officer called a tow truck for the mower.
"This is the most bizarre call I've ever had," said Joe Elliott of Schaffer's Towing. "It was something you'd see on 'COPS,' but not something you go out and do."
This was Mundy's first DUI.
Copyright Channel 5 Cincinnati - story and video online

#4 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Date published: 6/10/2005
By DONNIE JOHNSTON
A Rixeyville man has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol on Culpeper's Main Street--on a lawn mower.
Town police Sgt. Chris Settle was patrolling the 880 block of North Main Street about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday when he noticed a man on a red riding lawn mower heading north in the left lane, according to Detective Richard Brooking.
At one point, the man stopped in the middle of the lane for almost a minute and carried on a conversation with the driver of a passing vehicle, Brooking said.
"After Settle watched the man almost get hit by several passing cars, he put on his emergency lights and pulled the lawn mower over," the detective said.
The driver, whom police identified as Jerry Wayne Hawkins, 43, of Rixeyville Road, told Settle he had been mowing a lawn and was on his way to a nearby convenience store to get gas, Brooking said.
"At that point, Sgt. Settle suspected the driver was impaired and administered sobriety tests, which Mr. Hawkins failed," Brooking said.
Hawkins was charged with driving under the influence, his second such charge within a 10-year period, Brooking said.
Hawkins was held on $1,500 bond.
Date published: 6/10/2005

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 07:15 PM

Check out this idiot

YouTube - Steves Riding Lawn Mower DUI Arrest Video # 1
YouTube - Steves Riding Lawn Mower DUI Taser Arrest Video 2 #2
YouTube - Steve the Lawn Mower Guy's Domestic Arrest Video 3 #3
YouTube - Steve the Lawn Mower Guy's Domestic Arrest Video 3 #4

Yeah,I've seen all of Steve's videos,I'm not sure idiot accurately describes him.

#6 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 07:18 PM

It cracks me up That people actually drive there lawn mowers like totally wasted i can see yea a beer or two when you mow the lawn. But to get totally wasted The head to the supermarket to get more beer or snacks lol I think i could go on forever with this post The culpeper one is the best because i know where it is and it was ranked top ten towns to live in Guess not anymore

#7 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 18, 2011 - 07:24 PM

Posted Imagebnd.comDennis Cretton​Yesterday we speculated that driving lawnmowers while intoxicated was a recreation sport unique to Missouri.

We were wrong. Drunk lawnmowering (that a word?) seems to be a favorite pastime of inebriates everywhere -- particularly those who've lost their drivers license from a previous DWI.

Take Dennis D. Cretton, for example. A revoked license from a drunk driving conviction didn't stop the 49-year-old resident of Belleville, Illinois, from climbing aboard his lawn tractor last Friday and taking off to buy lottery tickets and a 12-pack.

Neighbors called police complaining that a man on a 2007 Cub Cadet was weaving in and out of traffic and attempting to pass vehicles. Police caught up to Cretton just as he was returning home.

This from the Belleville News-Democrat:

Posted Imageope.motorsportdealers.com2007 Cub Cadet​ [Police] turned on their lights and tried to pull Cretton over, but he kept going, police said, veering off the roadway and heading into his front yard.
When he veered, however, a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best Ice tumbled from his mower, Chief Investigator Capt. Steve Johnson said.
[Investigator Scott] Toth asked Cretton what he was doing, and Cretton admitted driving the lawnmower to the gas station for lottery tickets and beer, Johnson said.

Cretton was charged with felony aggravated driving under the influence. He's now out of jail after posting a $1,000 bond.
At least George Jones would be proud.