Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

This Old House

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#106 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 10:11 PM

If it is any consolation Troy, I like it.  Next time we remodel the mod lounge we will have to give you a call! :rocker2:

• KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#107 EricR ONLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 393 Thanks
  • 278 posts

Posted January 24, 2015 - 10:29 PM

I like it to so far!  :worshippy1:

Edited by EricR, January 24, 2015 - 10:29 PM.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#108 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Well, to my surprise, Kathy did some rearranging, and has now decided that she likes the two-step counter top that I did. In fact, she now wants me to build another one just like it for the other end of the big counter top. So needless to say, guess what I'll be doing this weekend! I don't mind, just as long as it keeps her happy.

countertops 001.JPG countertops 004.JPG

• olcowhand, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#109 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 08:28 PM

Hurry up and get it done before she changes her mind.

• johndeereelfman and UncleWillie have said thanks

#110 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 08:32 PM

Here's pictures of the latest updates. As you already know, I we got the pantry cabinet added to the kitchen layout, so it is now set and installed, and I got all of the cabinetry crown installed and finished. I finished making the second step counter top for the opposite end of the bigger counter top, and I made Kathy a shelf for under the wall mounted television. Kathy also made a final decision on cabinet hardware, so we got them order last week, and they arrived yesterday, so all of the hardware is installed. 

Kathy decided that she didn't like the back door and basement door, along with the laundry room bi-fold doors painted white anymore, and wants them repainted to the darker brown like used on the high ceiling.  So needless to say, I spent the day getting the doors first coated. If all goes well tomorrow, I will have them sanded and second coated by the end of the day. 

February 26, 2015 004.JPG February 26, 2015 006.JPG

February 26, 2015 005.JPG

February 26, 2015 010.JPG February 26, 2015 011.JPG

February 26, 2015 009.JPG February 26, 2015 008.JPG

We finally decided on a floor, but the cost is a little more than we can afford right now, so we will have to start saving some pennies. I was laid off full time the first of February, and it appears that I'll be off at least two to three months, so not sure how long it will take us to save enough for the flooring. We still have a little Christmas money left over, but it just isn't quite enough. Time will tell. So with that said, this will be my last post for a while, at least until I can get more done. I'll update more as time and money allows. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 6 others have said thanks

#111 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 06:13 AM

That looks real nice, Troy!

#112 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 10:31 AM

Really coming along nicely Troy.

#113 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,238 Thanks
  • 5,076 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 10:32 AM

Looks very nice. You want to drive out and help me do my kitchen?

#114 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 10:38 AM

Troy, it's really looking good. I hope you can get back to work soon, layoffs can really mess up things for sure.

#115 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 01, 2016 - 09:17 PM

Well, the Holidays are over, and it's time again to start on remodeling, however this one will be a short venture, as I'll only have time to work on the house over the weekends. I also have some prior commitments that I need to keep, in building some projects for the Root's Tractor Show.

Anyhow, we finally saved up enough money to purchase our flooring. We've searched different ideas as far as hardwood flooring, tile, vinyl flooring, and laminate, and frankly we just couldn't find anything we liked. Today however, while at Lowe's, we found 12" x 12" self adhesive vinyl flooring squares manufactured by Armstrong that has a 5 year warranty, and is groutable to give the appearance of marble tile flooring. We also purchased the remaining SurePly plywood to give us an even sub-floor over the existing hardwood flooring. 

DSCN5006.JPG DSCN5007.JPG

The flooring is sitting in the house right now, and I'm going to let it sit for a week so that it acquires to the house temperature before I start installing it. In the meantime I'll start tearing up the old flooring that is still left of the existing kitchen, and start laying the new plywood. Glad to be back on the remodel and looking forward to sharing updated pictures with you soon. 

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#116 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,530 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted January 01, 2016 - 09:32 PM

That will give a nice looking floor. The finishing touch to a room.

#117 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 09, 2016 - 07:51 PM

Due to working out of the town, and only having the weekends to work on the flooring, I made some progress last weekend and today. Here are some before and after pictures of what I did:

Original Flooring:

DSCN5008.JPG

Original Wood Flooring:

DSCN5010.JPG DSCN5011.JPG

New Under-lament Down:

DSCN5012.JPG DSCN5009.JPG

And New Tile Flooring:

DSCN5013.JPG DSCN5014.JPG

DSCN5015.JPG DSCN5018.JPG

DSCN5019.JPG DSCN5020.JPG

DSCN5021.JPG

Next weekend, I'm hoping to get the grouting done so it will be water proof and finished. Kathy on the other hand, now thinks that she don't like it. Some family friends were all over last night, and they all seemed to love it, but since it's Kathy's kitchen, I won't feel at ease until she finally decides if the flooring stays or not. Fingers crossed, that she will eventually like it, and I won't have to remove it and start all over again!  :(

Edited by johndeereelfman, January 09, 2016 - 08:02 PM.

• olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#118 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,699 Thanks
  • 8,892 posts

Posted January 10, 2016 - 12:22 AM

Pant-pant, drool drool.

Where'd the old wood flooring run off to?

#119 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 07:56 PM

I wanted to keep the old wood flooring Scott, however my wife thought different. :(  Due to the joints in the flooring being in some places almost a 1/4" apart, she was afraid the kids would spill milk or some other type of drink, it would run into the grooves, we wouldn't be able to get it all cleaned up, and it might start to stink, especially milk. I tried to change her mind, but she wouldn't listen, so this is the flooring she picked.  :wallbanging:

#120 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 08:14 PM

For the past couple of days when time would allow, I've slowly been finishing the drywall in the laundry room. I installed the drywall in here the same time I installed the drywall in the kitchen/dining room areas, but just never finished it. Since I needed to remove the washer and dryer in order to install the flooring, I figured it was time to finish the laundry room as well.

So the walls are finished, and my wife is trying to decide what shade of paint she wants in there. She apparently went to the paint store and got some samples, as this is what I found when I got home today. No primer, just painted some colors on the wall to see what they looked like. :mad2:  There are three shades on the wall to choose from, a dark blue on the left, a teal color in the middle, and a lighter blue on the right. She's thinking she wants to go with the lighter blue on the right, since it matches best with the blue in her ironing board cover???? Say what???  It's just a laundry room for Pete's sake!!!!!  I just hope the lighter blue will cover up the darker blue that she has on the wall! 

DSCN5098.JPG DSCN5099.JPG

DSCN5100.JPG

The new flooring is completely run in all of the rooms, so all I have to do now is grout it. When the walls and ceiling in the laundry room are finished painted, and the baseboard and inside door trim are installed, I'll grout the flooring all at one time. It says to stay off of the flooring for 24 hours after grouting, however I think that's going to be almost impossible with a family of five!

Slow progress, however we are still going forward.  :thumbs:

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks