Here is a picture of the back door. Unfortunately, you can't see all of the paint layers, nicks and gauges, but you can see the split in the left side panel. I slowly scraped all of the paint I could with numerous sized chisels, then worked off the rest with a belt sander and palm sander. Once all of the paint was removed, I filled all of the nicks, gauges and the split with bondo auto body filler. I was able to get all of the corners and edges all squared up and crisp again. However, while belt sanding, the belt grabbed a high spot of paint and pulled the door off of my sawhorses, fell to the ground and broke out the glass. So needless to say, I had to order a new piece of glass. The second picture shows the door after I applied a second coat of primer. The third picture is the type of molding that was used to hold the panels in the door. I didn't like it as I thought it was too large of trim, and it took away the appearance of the raised panels, so I routered out some new thinner molding and ran it around. I think it made a bid difference.
Here are pictures of the hardware. I completely stripped them of paint, which I might add, the paint was so thick that you couldn't even see the fancy scrolling on the hinge halves. Anyway, I gave them a coat of primer and a coat of white paint made for touching up porcelain appliances, and is supposed to dry hard like porcelain. I figured I'll try it and see how it does. Hopefully it won't come back and bite me later.
Here is a picture of one of our favorite knobs. It looks like wood, but it's actually porcelain. It's beautiful. Just a shame that there isn't enough of them to install on all of the doors. There is however, enough to use for the new kitchen and dinning room doors. I apologize. I guess I shouldn't have used our drop leaf table as a background for the knobs. My bad!