I picked up this machine about 2 weeks ago. It needed some TLC.
I plan to use it to make some GT & walking trails on my property. In the past
I've used my Kubota with Fel & Hoe, but I tend to make the trails bigger than
need be. I'm hoping this will work for me.
I've fixed all the mechanical issues, and run it a fair bit with Marvel Mystery oil, which
seems to be doing some good for the blue smoke issue. I also put a 2" larger
pulley on the tranny, to slow it down a bit. The clutch linkage was all out of
whack too. I'm waiting for a carb kit, governor linkages, and some gaskets, to
stop the oil leaks. The tranny was about 1/4 full of some sort of peanut butter
Today, I took a box blade I had put together a few years ago, and converted
it into a dozer blade.
With about 70 lbs hanging off the handle bars, it's almost balanced. I'm looking
for ideas, on how to build a bracket to hold the suitcase weights.
Tomorrow, I'm going to build a tool bar for the front, so I can mount
some scratchers, and what not.
I'm also kicking around the idea of adding duals, and loading the tires.
Not having ever worked one of these, I'm looking for any and all input.