24 replies to this topic

#16 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 13, 2011 - 01:12 PM

Furthest I've gone is about a mile each way. Just easier than loading it and unloading it.

When Dad had Alzheimer's he tried to go from the farm to town on his little MTD. It was the only thing he was still allowed to drive and he was out there mowing. My step-mother realized she hadn't heard the motor for a bit, then realized he'd gone. She caught up to him a couple miles away. Turned out he was going to buy beer because he heard that the boys were coming. :laughingteeth:

I know we aren't supposed to laugh at people with Alzheimer's, but sometimes they are funny. What's even funnier is when they are right about things and all the healthy people around them are wrong. In this case my father's reasoning was impeccable...when the boys are coming to work for free, you make damned sure there's a cooler full of beer for them. :bigrofl:

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 13, 2011 - 01:18 PM

I had other things that needed attention, LOL

Hmmm, sounds like an excuse to get out before the true confessions of our stupidity begin LOL.

#18 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 13, 2011 - 02:42 PM

Probably 5-6 miles, some of the parades I do are fairly long! Did "group" drive with the 83-420 once that was probably the longest, it runs close to 10 mph. ~~ grnspot110

Attached Thumbnails

• GARDEN TRACTORS 612 (Custom).jpg

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted January 13, 2011 - 03:59 PM

On a Garden tractor I Probably drove around 1/2 a mile round trip.
On a larger scale I did drive a Farmall cub about 3 miles down the road one time though.

#20 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 13, 2011 - 04:13 PM

The furthest I've been on a larger tractor is about 20 miles. Buggers following me in the truck wouldn't stop and give me a beer either.

#21 DGS345 OFFLINE  

DGS345

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 513
  • 16 Thanks
  • 348 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:56 AM

My longest trip on a GT was a few years ago when my car wouldn't start I drove my tractor to and from work about 2.5 miles each way. was working second shift also so I drove home a midnight LOL
and a few days ago took the bolens about a mile down the road to plow out a neighbor

#22 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 04:47 PM

I havent ever Drove any of my garden tractors very far My realatives have to get beer cause certin people close to them wouldent take them to get beer lol What a site Seeing the cart that goes behind the lawn mower filled with ice and cold budweiser This is a true storey

#23 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:29 PM

I took our kids when they were small out for a ride in a trailer behind my 753 wheelhorse once. I had just finished getting it running and wanted to see how well it did. We went for about a 3 mile trip out on a back road.
On a farm tractor ride the farthest we have gone is a 40 mile round trip ride.

#24 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 10:17 PM

Couple of times I've driven to the Fairgrounds the week after the Summer Tractor Show. About a mile round trip. 1st time was just to pull the wagon to pick up the little bit of garbage that was there. Last year to use the dozer blade & back blade to fix some pot holes & whatnot. Next year I'm using the trailer as the chains near on gave me kidney trouble after a mile of bounce bounce bounce bounce. If I don't use the trailer, I'm either borrowing some of my wife's apparel or loosing the "Man-Boobs"

#25 mjay OFFLINE  

mjay

• Member No: 1209
  • 6 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 09:06 AM

The JD 455 is taxed, insured and registered for the road. It does a few miles, but at 8mph I try not to make a habit of it!
It can be quite unnerving in fast traffic, but its big and green and I have a yellow flashing light. I drive it in the middle of the road so that people are not tempted to overtake dangerously. If you drive at the side people seem to try and squeeze past. Most people are very good though, leave lots of room and are patient.