• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 04:31 AM

I don't know if the Rustoleum Fern green can be had by the quart. All I've seen is rattle can. The red is Rustoleum "Safety Red Professional". That came from Lowe's. They do have that be the quart. I wasn't concerned with trying to get an exact match. The Safety Red looks so good I didn't care. I've tried other Safety reds and they didn't look nearly as good as the Rustoleum. The original paint an my tractor actually had a slight orange look to the red. I think DB had several paint suppliers over the years so, the colors varied slightly.

• trowel and Likesspace have said thanks

#17 Likesspace OFFLINE  

Likesspace
  • Member No: 54810
  • 190 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for the information.

I'll just go ahead and paint the rims with a rattle can and then spray the rest of the tractor.

Thanks again for the help.

• trowel said thank you

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 08:57 PM

I don't know if the Rustoleum Fern green can be had by the quart. All I've seen is rattle can. The red is Rustoleum "Safety Red Professional". That came from Lowe's. They do have that be the quart. I wasn't concerned with trying to get an exact match. The Safety Red looks so good I didn't care. I've tried other Safety reds and they didn't look nearly as good as the Rustoleum. The original paint an my tractor actually had a slight orange look to the red. I think DB had several paint suppliers over the years so, the colors varied slightly.

They did, the greens varies also, Fern green, Grabber green, Dutze Allis green are the common choices for the variations.

Personal taste, for rattle can we have used Rustoleum banner red, nice deep red, i also like the safety red.

Have yet to find a red with the orange touch for the later tractors.

• VSTROM803 said thank you

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for the information.

I'll just go ahead and paint the rims with a rattle can and then spray the rest of the tractor.

Thanks again for the help.

Spend the money and get good quality primer, make it last :thumbs:

#20 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 05:54 AM

I know the local automotive paint store has a machine that computer matches if you bring a panel into them but that paint is $$$ My wife and I went to Lowes one time looking to match a stain for our oak  kitchen cabinets , I was waking around with one of the door and a sales man asked if I needed help , I told him I was trying to match the stain ,, holding the sample charts next to my door ,  he walked over and said " this is an old door , ( he was right 30 yeras old )  you can't get this with those stains but I can blend one for you "   He mix a quart of Cabots stain with some other tints and he was spot on !!  I made new cabinets and you can't tell which are new and which are old . I wonder if they could do the same by tinting an quart oil base paint ?