7 replies to this topic

#1 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 09:39 PM

Out of school for 10 days since Friday, I plowed, disked, and tilled three gardens (for money), and I am unboxing some my ebay/craigslist purchases for the last month. I traded a couple of Allis B tractors for a nice Bolens 1476, the guy will bring me the 1476 he bought for me from Craigslist in Pennnsylvania and come and pick up the two B-112s and one HB-112, I had stored away for trading purposes, since I dont collect foot draggers, but know people do. I got a set of wheel weights and a factory Brinly sleeve hitch for the Bolens H16 as well as a pristine 42" model 18423 mower deck for the H16.  Also acquired my second set of Sperry New Holland weights for my Ariens GT (Ariens used them up until the late 70s. Also bought my fourth set of Massey split rear wheel weights, a set of 50 pound Allis wheel weights for the 416S, and a set of 12" CASE D8 wheel weights for my 1973 CASE 224. I was the winner of a complete electric lift for a Simplicity 7016H (I have two) from eBay, that gives my 14 tractors with electric or hydraulic lifts, (anyone need lift handles) 

It really ticks me off that some of my class mates and group members can't accomplish their work and now I must work through spring break to help others finish assignments that they should have been able to complete before break. If you don't know me I don't suffer fools well, nor do I care for people I deem lazy, unmotivated, or..... in other words I don't play well or make nice (the word jerk has been thrown about, but that's far to nice and really lacks my full description) with some people, my only mistake was caring what people that didn't measure up thought and I wasted decades of my life with and on people that didn't care about me, but what I could do for them. Someday and sometimes it has to be about you, but not always.

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens mikes 001.JPG
  • DSCF3565.JPG
  • DSCF3564.JPG
  • DSCF3603.JPG
  • 12.jpg
  • DSCF3475.JPG
  • DSCF3520.JPG
  • DSCF3597.JPG
  • DSCF3596.JPG
  • simplicity lift pic.JPG

• hamman, boyscout862, robert_p43 and 1 other said thanks

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 09:46 PM

You got some nice stuff there, good find with the split weights :thumbs:

• boyscout862, A.C.T. and OkieGt have said thanks

#3 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 01:56 AM

Look at it this way, all that money you will be saving can go into another GT!

• trowel, boyscout862 and OkieGt have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 02:25 AM

Nice looking treasures. My Bolens large frames and my AC/Simplicities from the 60s are my favorites.

I dont suffer fools well either. That is one of the big reasons that I was glad to retire early. When an idiot calls me an idiot, thats a double negative so I don't get upset. When thinking about something always consider the source. Do what makes you happy as long as its legal. Good Luck, Rick
  • trowel said thank you

#5 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 07:47 AM

It really ticks me off that some of my class mates and group members can't accomplish their work and now I must work through spring break to help others finish assignments that they should have been able to complete before break. If you don't know me I don't suffer fools well, nor do I care for people I deem lazy, unmotivated, or..... in other words I don't play well or make nice (the word jerk has been thrown about, but that's far to nice and really lacks my full description) with some people, my only mistake was caring what people that didn't measure up thought and I wasted decades of my life with and on people that didn't care about me, but what I could do for them. Someday and sometimes it has to be about you, but not always.

Good thing you get along with garden tractors so well cause you're really not a "people person" are you?  (just kidding)  Nice pile of treasures you have there! :thumbs:

• MH81 and OkieGt have said thanks

#6 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 07:55 AM

Good thing you get along with garden tractors so well cause you're really not a "people person" are you?  (just kidding)  Nice pile of treasures you have there! :thumbs:

That's really true Robert. Not sure if you know him but Joe from Joe's outdoor power and I share many similarities, the biggest one being when we got sober, both us were/are brutally honest, direct, and not all that easy going when dealing with some people. My sister said I was alot nicer when I was a drunk, I told her that when I was a drunk she was a pretty gal, we don't talk anymore.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#7 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:05 AM

Look at it this way, all that money you will be saving can go into another GT!

I don't think I save any money, except with the tractor which was a trade, and no gas money to get them I got close to 1400 bucks in the other stuff, average 170.00 a set for weights 125.00 for the hitch, 285.00 for the deck, delivered. I saw a set of Bolens weights just like mine bring 355.00 on ebay about a month ago. I don't care what it cost or what I have to do, I get what I want and that is the nicest stuff, money is only paper, its getting worth less and less everyday.

• A.C.T. said thank you

#8 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:06 AM

Nice finds thanks for the pictures