• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tbmitchell OFFLINE  

tbmitchell
  • Member No: 54195
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 08:38 PM

Hey guys first time building a puller got a cub and a k341 and wanting to build a s/a does anyone want to give some advice on what to do like a good ignition maybe a general shot for gearing anything will help thanks

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 02:12 PM

Welcome to the forums. I pull diesels and don't really mess with the alcohol toys. Chris is an active member on here as he's rebuilding his. Id let Lakota racing or Nichols performance do the work for you I know these things can be a pain sometimes

• Chris11 said thank you

#3 tbmitchell OFFLINE  

tbmitchell
  • Member No: 54195
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 06:52 PM

The thing us I'm trying to keep to machine work local been using the same guy for 6 years and he great just wanted some input on like valve size or crank size maybe if the MSD ignition worth the 700 that kinda stuff or cams even gearing for the tractor its self

#4 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 943 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 07:52 PM

Ok First thing you want to do is go on the nqs web sit and get engine rules. you can only do so much. SA cam stock stroke crank and bore max is .030 get a good rod and piston. and flywheel. I think valve size is 1.375.
  • Dieselcubmike said thank you

#5 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:08 PM

This is just my opinion but if this is your first time pulling I would try and keep with the stock stuff first to get a feeling for it then move from there so you have a little bit of experience

• Chris11 said thank you

#6 Rbrracing32 OFFLINE  

Rbrracing32
  • Member No: 53356
  • 16 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 09:59 PM

I'm starting in a bone stock class with a 4000 rpm limit. But I built my cub to be able to take the punishment of a alcohol 16. I know me that once I get my feet wet I'll be moving up in class. The good thing for me is all machine work only cost me my time. Got access to all tbe equipment where I work.

#7 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 943 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hey guys first time building a puller got a cub and a k341 and wanting to build a s/a does anyone want to give some advice on what to do like a good ignition maybe a general shot for gearing anything will help thanks

Don't spend a lot of money. The points will work very good for what your doing.
  • Dieselcubmike said thank you

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 07:07 PM

I'm starting in a bone stock class with a 4000 rpm limit. But I built my cub to be able to take the punishment of a alcohol 16. I know me that once I get my feet wet I'll be moving up in class. The good thing for me is all machine work only cost me my time. Got access to all tbe equipment where I work.

S/A isn't a bad class to look into but it is rather expensive to me at least. Chris is a good guy and knows what he's doing with the alcohols and they look good as well :thumbs:  

• Chris11 said thank you