31 replies to this topic

#16 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 961 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:32 AM

I know for sure mines a tractor chick magnet. I cant get them to stop chasing me. :thumbs:

#17 Panzerguy ONLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 731 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 11:02 AM

I know for sure mines a tractor chick magnet. I cant get them to stop chasing me. :thumbs:

Oh brother - puhhh-lease!
  • Chris11 said thank you

#18 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,183 Thanks
  • 1,469 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 11:44 AM

I got some more pictures of it today. The engine is massive compared to the rest of the tractor lol. The original dealer tag is still on the tractor too. I think that it has never left the local area since it was new.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00185.JPG
  • DSC00186.JPG
  • DSC00188.JPG

• IamSherwood, panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#19 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,646 Thanks
  • 961 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 12:13 PM

What is the ser. number? I would love to make a list of who owns what numbers. But Big Als got me so busy doing projects. Are you going to find the right engine for it?
  • Savageman said thank you

#20 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,183 Thanks
  • 1,469 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 01:34 PM

The serial number is 80365. I'm not sure what I'll do about the engine yet. I may find an original engine but I'm not even sure what the correct engine is.

#21 BowDown OFFLINE  

BowDown
  • Member No: 10128
  • 376 Thanks
  • 511 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:10 PM

The serial number is 80365. I'm not sure what I'll do about the engine yet. I may find an original engine but I'm not even sure what the correct engine is.

I have an original motor for your T70. It still has the 3 groove pulley installed on it, but the reverse disc is shot. It needs a set of points, but has a new plug and recoil rope installed.

• farmerall and Savageman have said thanks

#22 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,183 Thanks
  • 1,469 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:18 PM

I have an original motor for your T70. It still has the 3 groove pulley installed on it, but the reverse disc is shot. It needs a set of points, but has a new plug and recoil rope installed.

I will keep you in mind when I get around to working on this tractor. Right now I'm broke or else I'd be interested in buying your engine.

#23 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,646 Thanks
  • 961 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:19 PM

Well if he doesn't want it . I do

#24 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,183 Thanks
  • 1,469 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 12:36 PM

Here is a picture of the serial number tag and the dealer tag.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00198.JPG

• Chris11 and Savageman have said thanks

#25 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,646 Thanks
  • 961 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 05:59 PM

That is very cool. so it did have a briggs on it. From my understanding They used the red decals plated later. The only thing I don't understand, why my newer 1011 have the old style white tag. I think it would be cool to see how many sel numbers we can come up with. I think Big Al should be in charger of doing that? I love the dealer decal. Im have some made for mine.
  • farmerall and Savageman have said thanks

#26 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted March 18, 2014 - 07:47 AM

Great find!!

• Chris11, farmerall and Savageman have said thanks

#27 Panzerguy ONLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 731 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted March 18, 2014 - 07:47 PM

That is very cool. so it did have a briggs on it. From my understanding They used the red decals plated later. The only thing I don't understand, why my newer 1011 have the old style white tag. I think it would be cool to see how many sel numbers we can come up with. I think Big Al should be in charger of doing that? I love the dealer decal. Im have some made for mine.

From what I remember hearing, the different style tags don't have all that much to do with what year or model the tractor was. They just used what they had available. This is why you'll sometimes see the white ones on the same model that used the red foil type. I've seen both red and white tags on T-70s.

Me? - Be in charge of keeping track of serial numbers? Yeah right! Just what I need - another project to work on :wallbanging:

• Chris11, farmerall and Savageman have said thanks

#28 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,646 Thanks
  • 961 posts

Posted March 18, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for that info Al. I love hearing about the stuff panzer did when building these tractors. I wish there where pictures of the factory.

#29 Panzerguy ONLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 731 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for that info Al. I love hearing about the stuff panzer did when building these tractors. I wish there where pictures of the factory.

I don't remember seeing any pictures of the factory, at least nothing that showed any kind of assembly line work. That doesn't mean they aren't out there. I just don't remember seeing them myself. I'll have to ask Jim Haynes about that the next time we sit down to dinner together.
I did get to meet Austin Kennell, president of the Panzer company. It was back in Oct of 1998 when I was on the Board of Directors for the Panzer Tractors Owners Club. At the conclusion of our annual Panzer Party in College Park, MD, a group of us held our BoD meeting at Austin's house in Waynesboro, VA. This included Mike and Sue Heller, Jim and Ellen Haynes and my wife Loreen and I. We had planned to have a barbeque when we got there and as luck would have it, the weather was perfect for it. By this time, Austin had been retired for a while and was getting up there in years but was still able to get around and was sharp as a tack. I wish I had a camcorder back then because he sure wasn't shy when it came to talking about the company and the little tractors they built. What impressed me about Austin is that he never came across as somebody who thought he was special. I felt completely at ease around him, right from the start. He wanted us to feel as if his house was our own and insisted we return soon for another visit and you could feel that he really meant it.
One of the highlights of the visit for me was being able to see Dandy Sales and get to buy parts directly over the counter. Talk about kids in a candy store. At this time, Austin's daughter had taken over Dandy but it was still on his property in a building seperate from the main house. This is the same company that is now owned by Jim and Ellen Haynes of Monson, MA. Thanks to them,the Kennell legacy lives on.
  • Chris11, Clint, farmerall and 2 others have said thanks

#30 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 396 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted March 19, 2014 - 08:56 PM

WOW!! That was like reading a book. Lotsa interesting stuff. "The more you talk, the more you ask, the more you learn"
  • Chris11 and farmerall have said thanks