Bush Hog JBI Diesel Repower (Hogzilla)
Posted January 22, 2011 - 03:08 PM
I took some 2 1/4" x 1"steel tubing, cut to length, then heated & bent to match the angles on some Massey MF14 floorboards I've had for years (glad I keep stuff! lol). These then got welded to the main frame rails.
Welds aren't pretty, as I have to start wearing my readers while welding. Then I held the floorboard up so I could mark through the fender mount holes so I can drill & tap.
Got the holes tapped & floorboard bolted tight.
The fenders will also be altered. The rolled edges of the OE fenders will be cut off, then I have 1/8" steel plate that I will weld on top of the remaining OE fender. Before welding in place, I'm taking the new fender plate & have it bent to where the front bent down edge will bolt into the floorboards upper mount holes. The outer edge will also be bent down 90 degrees.
The hydro foot control will be added later, but I have it just sitting here for mockup.
- Utah Smitty said thank you
Posted January 22, 2011 - 03:10 PM
Posted January 22, 2011 - 04:36 PM
Posted January 22, 2011 - 05:17 PM
Posted January 22, 2011 - 06:04 PM
Posted January 22, 2011 - 06:05 PM
Posted January 23, 2011 - 09:17 AM
Posted January 23, 2011 - 09:52 AM
Posted January 24, 2011 - 01:27 PM
Enjoying the thread, Daniel. You are making lots of progress!
Awesome job so far
Posted January 24, 2011 - 01:32 PM
awesome job so far
Posted January 30, 2011 - 09:07 AM
Posted January 30, 2011 - 09:27 AM
I'm glad to see you getting back to your "HOGOTA" today. I hope to get some stuff done on my Gt's today also. I have never used wood for a template. I was always worried about burning up template before getting done with it. I use washers and other pieces of steel to either cut the I.D. or O.D. depending on size of hole. I also have a circle cutting attachment that will cut 1/2" to 12" holes at the welding shop that fits my Thermo Dynamics Plasma machine, wasn't very much money.
Good Luck today, Brian
Posted January 30, 2011 - 09:32 AM
Posted January 30, 2011 - 09:55 AM
Posted January 30, 2011 - 12:14 PM
And the big progress was the new dash plate. I cut it out of sheet metal yesterday & plasma cut the holes today. All the wiring has to be connected, but it looks good! All will have to come out again whenever paint time comes, but gonna be a long time, so making all connections after lunch. It's quite crowded on the inside as well as the outside. Key switch, oil gauge, water temp gauge, amp gauge, and hour meter, as well as idiot oil light, glow plug light, light switch, and fuse holder.