#31 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,696 Thanks
  • 8,890 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 01:25 PM

No idea what a Morrel Mushroom is, wouldn't probably take the chance on eating one if I found it...

I LOVE mushrooms, but I have no idea which ones will kill ya and the ones that wont.

You are missing out on the best tasting mushroom in the world.

• hamman and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#32 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 01:31 PM

http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Morchella

Some of the best mushrooms ever. I haven't had them since my grand father passed away 12 years ago. Been a long time...

Yup that's it ! Grew up eating them. Mom dried them so we could have them with venison or beef in the winter. I have some dried and froze in the freezer now from last spring. You have to be careful though,.....there are ones that looks like them but are what they call false morell. The false ones have a top that from underneath look like an umbrella. The good one is solid on the bottom.     I am sure someone down there knows what they are and would be glad to show you in the spring. Poplar and Ash trees as well as Oak are great spots for them.                  Roger.

• Newpaws493 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#33 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 02:18 PM

We joke that they look like a cross between a pine cone and a pile of sheep manure. Once you get an "eye" for them you'll be able to spot them at 50 paces. e have three or four varieties of them including the false morels.
  • hamman and toomanytoys84 have said thanks