• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 12:52 PM

I know I`m hoping....somebody might know for sure what the shift pattern would be on this true grey market Shibaura 14/1400. It does appear to be different from all the Ford Trannys I`m seeing in the Ford service manual. I`ve not really had too much time to fool with it so far, but it acts like a 4-speed plus reverse. R is all the way to right and down (back). and the lowest  (1rst) seems to be to the right and up. The other three are a little bit of a crap shoot. The ratios are really close together. Just hoping someone might actually have had one of these things .

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 02:00 PM

Just like mines, if i remember corectly,...3 rd is to the left next to reverce, above that is second and vice vera,..

High and low is to the right of the gearcase, forward for low, back for high.

• SNUFFY said thank you

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 02:48 PM

I'm not familiar with that model so can't help with the shift patern.

Mine has like two transmitions in line. The first with 4 ranges and the second with 3 speeds and reverse.

The 3 speed has 1st on the right and reverse on the left , Forward 3rd on left and 2nd on right.

• trowel and SNUFFY have said thanks

#4 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 01:02 PM

thanks guys...guy on another forum suggested marking a tire and counting revolutions at same RPM....should be easy in low range. Sounds fairly easy. Then a Sharpie on the shiny metal where the pattern used to be :thumbs: