• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • Member No: 54463
  • 270 Thanks
  • 134 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 05:04 PM

last week i went to look at a couple old jd tractors to restore and add to my ever growing collection and noticed an old 110 sitting between 2 of them.  the owner who was a deere mechanic said it was parked there about 25 years ago and hadnt been touched since.  has factory lights and looked to be in pretty good shape overall.  has a good deck attached.  serial number 33106.  he told me there was a spare deck, model 42 blade and a model 80 cart to go with it.  long story short we worked out a package deal because he really just wanted to get everything out of his shed and i bought a total of 4 big tractors and the 110 with all the goodies.  he was pretty proud of the 110 but we settled on a price of $1000 for everything.  hopefully that is a pretty fair number.  i dont know values on these as well as i do the bigger older tractors.  this is my first step into the jd lawn and garden tractors.  i have quite a few two cylinders i have restored and a few more to go now.  i just couldnt stand to see it get shoved out to rust in the weeds.  hopefully after an oil change, new battery, and carb cleaning it will be ready to run.  i may leave it in its original condition but may eventually restore it.  any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1301.JPG
  • IMG_1303.JPG

• johndeereelfman, Jack, Newpaws493 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 05:29 PM

Nice 110. It's probably got low hours on it. You will likely have to do an overhaul of the carb after sitting for that long. Good luck with it. It's getting harder to find original 110's so i think you made a very wise move to get that one. 

• Jack and rbooker have said thanks

#3 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,538 Thanks
  • 2,549 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 07:47 PM

First things first, Welcome to the site, and glad to have you on board! Hope you'll feel right at home in no time, and will get as much out of the site as the rest of us. As for the tractor and attachments, seems like a good little tractor you found there. I'm assuming the attachments are in as good of shape? As for restoring it, just remember one thing, they are only original once. You'd be surprised how much of a difference a bath and some polish will make. I'm a collector of these old round fenders, so if you need help with anything, feel free to ask away or drop me a personal message. 

Good Luck to you!

Troy

• Jack and rbooker have said thanks

#4 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • 270 Thanks
  • 134 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:26 PM

thanks guys.  my initial thought when i saw it was leave it original.  it would be a lot more fun to play with.  get everything working correctly and leave it as is.  a few small cracks in the front of the hood as expected but not bad at all.  the blade is in similar shape and complete.  he used the wagon around his house and shop and it stayed outside so it has a lot of surface rust.  original decals still in place though and serial tag still there.  no rust through.  i have a '61 cub cadet original that was in my family since new.  i was planning to keep it original but my dad wanted to restore it for my son so we did after a few years.  im glad we did and it looks great but now we dont play with it very much cause its too pretty.

#5 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,141 Thanks
  • 782 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:51 PM

Welcome,

Nice 110.  They are only original once.  I like your taste in tractors.   A Bush hog and a JD 100.   Cool !  I have both...Lol  :thumbs:

#6 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • 270 Thanks
  • 134 posts

Posted April 05, 2014 - 07:59 PM

too wet to spread fertilizer or bed the corn land so i tinkered on the 110 this morning.  cleaned out the gas tank, replaced fuel line and went through the carb.  put in a new battery.  freed up and lubricated the choke and throttle cables.  it fired right up and runs nicely.  generator is charging.  one headlight is out and needs replaced.  ive got some ag lugs for the rear and 3-ribs for the front on the way.  hope to get to operate it soon.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#7 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • 270 Thanks
  • 134 posts

Posted April 28, 2014 - 05:25 PM

got the new tires on the 110 last week.  it looks like a beast!  found a disconnected wire on the headlight and all the lights are working.  had to replace one spring underneath.  need to replace drive belt.  primary belt is worn out and does not turn with engine running.  when its done will mount the front blade and do a little work in the yard.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo 1.JPG
  • photo 2.JPG
  • photo 3.JPG

• johndeereelfman and Trav1s have said thanks