• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • Member No: 54463
  • 265 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 04:42 PM

hello all.  i would like to know about any bush hog garden tractors that may be for sale.  i was born and raised in selma, al and have been farming there all my life.  my mother has worked for bush hog for 33 years now i believe so ive spent my fair share of time there and running bush hog equipment.  im hoping i can convince them to let me acquire the one they have restored that is in the factory.  i would like to get one of the older tractors to restore to add to my growing fleet of tractors and farming relics.  i would be interested in any models really besides the javelinas because they did not have the characteristic old bushhog styling and colors.  looks like some of you have some really nice collections!  thanks for any info.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 04:53 PM

Welcome to the forum! Always good to have another BH guy! I am guessing you live around Selma. I picked up my JB in Tuscalosa this past winter. These tractors range from $100 parts tractors to running originals in the $300-500 and up based on who is selling, where they are selling and whose buying. How far are you willing to go to get one? We will help you all we can to locate what you want.
  • superaben and rbooker have said thanks

#3 Williamvonml OFFLINE  

Williamvonml
  • Member No: 54465
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hello to all i am new to the community, just wanted to say hello to all. I am new to all this so i will need some time to get used to how things are in this community. Wish you all the best. William.
  • sacsr said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 06:01 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum. One our Mods did the decals on that restored tractor. Good luck!

William, welcome to you also. We have a Member Introductions Forum to tell us a bit more about yourself.

#5 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 06:07 PM

:welcome: rbooker and   :welcome:  William glad you guys chose to join the GTfun !

#6 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,772 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 06:45 PM

Welcome to GTT. Relax and enjoy the site. Good Luck, Rick

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:00 PM

Welcome to the forum.  Those of you with Bush Hog interests need to see Scott's (sacsr) website about Bush Hog tractors.  He's the man in the know about them. 

Ben W.

• sacsr said thank you

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:27 PM

hello all.  i would like to know about any bush hog garden tractors that may be for sale.  i was born and raised in selma, al and have been farming there all my life.  my mother has worked for bush hog for 33 years now i believe so ive spent my fair share of time there and running bush hog equipment.  im hoping i can convince them to let me acquire the one they have restored that is in the factory.  i would like to get one of the older tractors to restore to add to my growing fleet of tractors and farming relics.  i would be interested in any models really besides the javelinas because they did not have the characteristic old bushhog styling and colors.  looks like some of you have some really nice collections!  thanks for any info.

If Bush Hog ever did sell that restored D4-10 (which I doubt they will ever sell), if they want anywhere near the $ investment, then one would have to come up with some serious cash.

• Titus and sacsr have said thanks

#9 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • Member No: 54463
  • 265 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:34 PM

If Bush Hog ever did sell that restored D4-10 (which I doubt they will ever sell), if they want anywhere near the $ investment, then one would have to come up with some serious cash.

that is correct.  they have some really serious cash invested in it.  it is extremely well done too.  i suggested that they let it be a retirement gift to my mom if and when she finally retires from there.  she is about to head an overhaul the lobby of their main building where it sits on display and some of the folks want it moved out.  i suggested moving it to the farm with my other toys.

• sacsr said thank you

#10 Burl OFFLINE  

Burl
  • Member No: 42087
  • 111 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hellow rbooker & william! I too, appreciate the older style.

#11 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,732 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 02:26 PM

A few Bush Hogs have been popping up in Florida recently. One was in LA last year for sale. Keep your eyes peeled, they'll start showing up once mother nature makes up her mind!

And welcome!

#12 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 03:19 PM

A few Bush Hogs have been popping up in Florida recently. One was in LA last year for sale. Keep your eyes peeled, they'll start showing up once mother nature makes up her mind!

And welcome!

Are you suggesting it's almost Hog Season. :D

#13 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,732 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 05:18 PM

Indeed! It is like a season around here LOL

In fact, I have my calendar marked when I buy them, and 2 months out of the year are pretty active.