#16 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 04:08 PM

I guess I don't understand this post.?.?.........what else would a diehard DB collector have but many DB tractors. That's why I own 11 of the 22 models. theres only a couple more that I still need to add.

Only a few ?

And we were just talking about kicking the horses and hay out of the barn for more tractors :thumbs:

• Lauber1 said thank you

#17 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Cool tractors and cute kids. It looks like they are enjoying themselves. Thanks for posting!

#18 IWLBCNU OFFLINE  

IWLBCNU

• Member No: 5214
  • 120 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 06:27 AM

Yeah, I have 20-30 of the walkers in original running condition. I try to keep count, but gave up ;)

• Lauber1 and trowel have said thanks

#19 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 07:44 AM

I guess I don't understand this post.?.?.........what else would a diehard DB collector have but many DB tractors. That's why I own 11 of the 22 models. theres only a couple more that I still need to add.

I guess I meant, its not that common to see a DB collector. At least in my area to see one or even two Sears/DB's together is a rarity, you are showing pictures with many. 

• Lauber1 said thank you

#20 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 07:56 AM

DBs has been collected and shown since the 70's, like a lot of things they were over looked by loudmouth guys making a big fuss over the pre-war tractors or the ''name brand'' tractors or my most hated, popular collecting, in other words collecting a certain thing because everyone else near you is collecting it.

It is only in the past 20 years or so DBs has really begin to gain popularity and collectors begin to figure out all the details, now it can be googled and found easily.

There are ''nitch'' tractors and engine that still to this day is hidden, private collectors like what they like, not what you or Joe Blow like. 9 time out of 10 you have a few quiet collectors near you and mabey a DB collector too.

I consitered myself one of the quiet collector, still do.

Edited by trowel, March 16, 2014 - 07:58 AM.

• Lauber1, WHdbJD and PaPasTractor have said thanks

#21 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 16, 2014 - 10:42 AM

I know of several large collectors in the state of Ohio, couple of them have nearly every model and attachment.

• trowel and WHdbJD have said thanks