30 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 546 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 12:51 PM

I just picked this up, as mentioned in the Kijiji/Craigslist part of the forum.  I had promised my youngest daughter that I would find her another one, as I sold my last Panzer to buy a Tiger for my oldest daughter.  Now both the kids are happy.

It runs and is in good shape overall (previous owners took very nice care of it), other than a few small things here and there that need to be addressed.  It has a few nice little factory options on it as you can see, and it came with a mower deck, front push blade and rear tire chains, and some original literature.  The original paint has been partly painted over with some kind of clear coat or shellac or something that is partially gone and has began discolouring.  I will likely try removing the clear coat someday to expose the original paint again, which looks to be decent underneath (or perhaps it will go poorly and I'll just have to repaint the whole thing).  We'll see.

Panzer T758ES 5.jpg

Panzer T758ES 4.jpg

Panzer T758ES 6.jpg

Panzer T758ES 3.jpg

Panzer T758ES 2.jpg

Panzer T758ES 1.jpg

New Panzer 2.jpg

Edited by jtrojek, March 11, 2014 - 12:54 PM.

• Alc, hamman, IamSherwood and 8 others have said thanks

#2 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 01:51 PM

Great score.

#3 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 06:25 PM

That's in great shape. The boys from Canada where just saying they cant find theses.

#4 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 06:45 PM

Looks like you have a couple of lucky daughters with their own GT's!

#5 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:20 PM

Nice Jamie. Looks good.

If we weren't friends, and I didn't know you as well as I do, I might believe

that whole story about your daughter wanting another Panzer. :smilewink:

I saw your puppy dog eyes, when we loaded your last one onto my trailer.

:rolling:  :rolling:  :poke:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  By the way, I only got to drive it for 5

minutes, when I got it home. Winter arrived the next day, and I've been

waiting ever since.

That was nice of you to buy your youngest another one though.

#6 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 546 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:24 PM

That's in great shape. The boys from Canada where just saying they cant find theses.

That's very true.  They're hard to find in Canada, at least around here anyway.  They come along every once in awhile, but certainly not with any frequency.  I actually went to Rhode Island to pick this one up.  

Looks like you have a couple of lucky daughters with their own GT's!

I figure that right now they enjoy my hobby and it's kind of a hobby we share (plus my wife's supportive of it), so I had better encourage this and ride this (literally and figuratively) for as long as I can.  They may not (probably won't) always feel this way.  They love going to the shows too.  I must admit that I was ecstatic that they wanted a Tiger and a Panzer respectively.  Great choices.  Plus, I want to teach them how to drive on their own, and both of these have hand clutches.  With the hand clutches it's easier for me to pop them out of gear if they run into trouble, especially in the beginning.

#7 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:28 PM

That was on like a week ago I saw that. nice buy

#8 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 546 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:39 PM

Nice Jamie. Looks good.

If we weren't friends, and I didn't know you as well as I do, I might believe

that whole story about your daughter wanting another Panzer. :smilewink:

I saw your puppy dog eyes, when we loaded your last one onto my trailer.

:rolling:  :rolling:  :poke:  :smilewink:  :smilewink:  By the way, I only got to drive it for 5

minutes, when I got it home. Winter arrived the next day, and I've been

waiting ever since.

That was nice of you to buy your youngest another one though.

Ha!  Thanks, Will.  I was very happy that she still wanted another Panzer.  I was fearful that she'd choose a brand that I wasn't too fussy on.  To be honest, I tried talking her into a 3-wheel Copar, but she would have none of it.  She wanted a Panzer, and she wanted it to be a turquoise one.  She knew exactly what she wanted, and I was very happy with the choice of another Panzer, regardless of what model it was.  Like my daughter, I really do like these Panzers and I always want at least one in my collection.  

That's too bad that you didn't get a chance to ride your Panzer a little more before the bad weather hit.  Hopefully the nice weather comes soon and you can take it for another spin or two.  I still need to come up for a visit too.  I gotta see your collection in person.  

#9 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:47 PM

I think that was a nice haul, Jamie.  I'm partial to the narrow front Panzers if I had to choose, but the PA models are still good little tractors.

Have you ever heard anything about that Gordon tractor you were looking at? 

Ben W.

#10 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:48 PM

Ha!  Thanks, Will.  I was very happy that she still wanted another Panzer.  I was fearful that she'd choose a brand that I wasn't too fussy on.  To be honest, I tried talking her into a 3-wheel Copar, but she would have none of it.  She wanted a Panzer, and she wanted it to be a turquoise one.  She knew exactly what she wanted, and I was very happy with the choice of another Panzer, regardless of what model it was.  Like my daughter, I really do like these Panzers and I always want at least one in my collection.  

That's too bad that you didn't get a chance to ride your Panzer a little more before the bad weather hit.  Hopefully the nice weather comes soon and you can take it for another spin or two.  I still need to come up for a visit too.  I gotta see your collection in person.  

Looking forward to your visit. Lets plan that you come up in June, when

things have dried up. We can go for a nice trail ride.

#11 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 546 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:53 PM

Have you ever heard anything about that Gordon tractor you were looking at? 

Well, I talk to the owner regularly, but he still isn't quite ready to sell it yet.  

• superaben said thank you

#12 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 546 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:54 PM

Looking forward to your visit. Lets plan that you come up in June, when

things have dried up. We can go for a nice trail ride.

Sounds good.  We'll talk about it closer to the date.

• IamSherwood said thank you

#13 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 07:59 PM

you should have dropped it off here in mass, we could have painted it for you. Im doing a 75 now

#14 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 09:00 PM

Sometimes it's difficult to tell from the pictures but from what I can see, this looks like a prime candidate for a restoration project. Everything seems to be there and as it should be. No beat up sheetmetal and only the usual surface rust. Nice to have the original electric start 8HP Kohler instead of a replacement mismatch. A nice touch is the belt/pulley guard, which is usually missing. And it all comes with a dozer blade, tire chains, mower deck and a foot pedal for the forward/reverse lever, which are handy once you get use to using them. Panzer mower decks are getting to be a rare item these days, especially ones in as good a shape as this one looks to be. If you can find a mower deck, it is more often than not already rotted out due to wet grass clippings getting caught under the pulley guard and forgotten about. The icing on the cake is the headlights. Yep - these were one of the many options available from your Panzer dealer. The TA24 Headlight kit was available for around $19.50 and are a rare item. Yes - white is the correct color for this model tractor. Headlights for the T-70/T-707es were usually black from the dealer. The one, turn type switch on the right light turns both on. These same headlights are on my wife's 707es (shown in the Gallery) although I painted those to match the tractor. The TA26 Foot Pedal kit was available for $12.50.
Buying the tractor for the daughter sure is a nice idea. Hopefully it will hold their interest in tractors for a good long time. But I'd hold off on that full blown restoration for a bit - at least until the novelty of the "play thing" wears off :-)
Real nice find!

Big AL
  • IamSherwood, sacsr and Clint have said thanks

#15 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,863 Thanks
  • 2,786 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 09:36 PM

GREAT FIND THEY ARE COOL TRACTORS