Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

i just traded my boat for a mf 12 and a 620 snow blower not to sure on this trade

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 08:13 AM

If it's a Hydrostatic, the "G" changes to an "H". MF12H If the motor needs Rebuilt, it'd be a great experience for you & the kids. Even if you repower the MF with a different engine, at least you have had fun trying to figure it out. Don't forget to read the service manuals & etc.

Good luck (and I'm still voting switch on the no spark)

:laughingteeth: Maybe we should make this a poll?:laughingteeth:

#32 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 02:39 PM

all i know its a mf 12g the ol motor does run but rough no big deal but i have to start it with a rope cause i have to unplug the wire connecter fron the motor for it to run if its pluged together i have no spark no nothen its way over my head i have no clue about electrical thats why my friend is gona look at it cause i do not want to mess up anything

Just remember this... A) you have scored big time... you need a new key switch. If you follow that center wire on the plug you disconnect @ the motor up to the back of the switch, you may be able to umplug, or remove that wire and the switch should work as normal. While running, if that wire is touched to a clean ground, it will shut the tractor off.

B) IF you use the wrong switch (even if your plug fits!) you will blow that expensive SSI coil! Make sure your friend is told this and that he understands that this ignition system is not like normal ones... it really will fry the SSI and you will be out $100 to $200.

Have him remove that center ground wire and se how it works. You can just touch the wire to the battery ground to shut it off (like the really old motors where you touched that metal tab to te spark plug)

#33 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 06:12 PM

MF10, 12 manual 004.jpg